Darkdrop Coffee

Is there any reliable method of regualrly obtaining darkdrop coffee?

No, for all practical purposes. If we’re being pedantic, though, the answer is yes: one regularly receives one Darkdrop Coffee every Advent Calendar in December.

There’s this card’s option, but never got the rare success. Problem is the card requires Persuasive 81 - 118 so more testings are problematic.

There’s a few codes that will give it.

Not all of them still work, but the ones that give Coffee do (5 cups total, plus the one for Revolutionaries, Affluent Photographer, and one or two others)

hm, I believe i have affluent photographer somewhere (ive done the links awhile back) do you mean like at the end of it i might get some coffee? im going to start pursuing it if so…

you know what would be awesome? if failbetter introduced a new paid program that is much cheaper, like $1 a month, and you get one darkdrop coffee a week. because im wasting absurd amounts of time checking for actions, not even playing the game, because im following like three important stories at once along with my cards.

You can buy actions for Fate, so you kind of have this option right now.

And I think based on the cost of fate it does work out similar to $1 per 10 actions.

I think they key here is to space out your play sessions. Don’t check back frantically every 10 minutes, instead wait for 2-3 hours then come back with a nearly-full candle and enjoy going through a good chunk of story at your own pace. Exceptional Friendship is fantastic for this as you don’t have to worry for over six and a half hours, and then you have enough actions to go through almost any story chunk or make a significant dent in most early-game grinds. Even without it though, during a 16-hour day you only really need to check back about 5 times if you schedule yourself correctly, which in my experience leads to a much more relaxed way of playing. Certainly if you’re trying to spend every action as soon as it becomes available, you’re not going to have the time or concentration to do much else during those 10 minutes and will end up bored and frustrated.

EDIT: By the way, the Fate-locked storyline with your Aunt can give an opportunity card that has a 30% (I think) chance of a 10-action refresh (just like coffee) if you pick the right option at the end of the story. It’s not on-demand like coffee, but you’ll be drawing it often so it will actually help you much more than the at most 10-15 cups of coffee you can amass.
edited by Dudebro Pyro on 7/4/2018

not with one fate.

It’s 10 Fate for 20 actions which is two coffees. If you buy 10 Fate it works out to $1.50 per coffee, if you go higher it approaches $1 per coffee.

i was responding to jolanda swan before i saw ur message. i just hate putting cash into games that can technically be completely free… i played fortnite for something like three years before getting a pass. (if game mentions are illegal, SORRY. just an analogy.)

I think you may want to consider visiting London just 2-3 times a day. If you constantly obsess over optimal action/opportunity expenditure, then London will quickly grow tiresome. A novel is much more enjoyable in long stretches rather than short bursts.

[quote=astranox]hm, I believe i have affluent photographer somewhere (ive done the links awhile back) do you mean like at the end of it i might get some coffee? im going to start pursuing it if so…

you know what would be awesome? if failbetter introduced a new paid program that is much cheaper, like $1 a month, and you get one darkdrop coffee a week. because im wasting absurd amounts of time checking for actions, not even playing the game, because im following like three important stories at once along with my cards.[/quote]
Doing Affluent Photographer does not give coffee. If you click the links on that page and login, they will give you stuff. One of the things is a thing that gives you three points of Trailing the Affluent Photographer.

good point @Yang Yang. but i play another similar game and read in every short bit of free time i get because i obviously cant just sit around and game/read all the time. oh cool ill try that.

The Capering Relicker gives darkdrop quite reliably (A droll pastime). I have a stash of 42 cups, I believe, because I regularly take that option on my way to the 3200. Only roughly four years to go…
Sorry – well confused here in the a.m. dov is of course quite right. Colour me embarrassed.
edited by Jermaine Vendredi on 7/5/2018

I only mentioned buying Fate because you proposed the $1 &quotmini-subscription&quot. The game can definitely be played and enjoyed completely for free.

What action is this which gives Darkdrop Coffee?

A droll pastime gives Dark-Dewed Cherry. Is there a rare success not listed on the wiki, or is this a different action?

@Pyro Gotcha
@Jermaine I have the same question as dov. i amm VERY interested.

My mistake. Apologies. I have corrected the above without deleting the original post.