CP Gained when Raising Archaeologist

Was hoping someone could PM me and tell me what the Archaeologist +CP reward is for each of the two fate-locked expeditions.

I am hoping that the formula is CP = (Required Progress/10) since Thieves Cache = 1 CP and Deep Blue Heaven = 2 CP. That would imply 3 CP for Temple of Uttermost Winds and 4 CP for Gallery of Serpents.

Additionally, I have completed Tomb of the Seven, but did that award any CP? By the assumption above it would have awarded 3, but that’s not enough to raise Archaeologist from 3 to 4 on its own so I got the &quotremains unchanged&quot message.
edited by Puutuulion on 12/10/2015

If I remember correctly Archaeologist is an oddball and does not actually show your CP, but you do gain progress with every completed expedition. I can’t verify whether your formula is correct, although I’m sure someone else here can.

I can tell you that Archeologist is capped at 5, though I don’t remember anything which requires that many. On the Wiki, Tomb of the Seven does not give any CP pass 3. But I’ve hit level 5 (several times over by now!) with running the Shrine of the Deep Blue Heaven expeditions.

The Cave of Nadir requires 5.

The Cave of Nadir requires 5.[/quote]

Ahhh. Bother, forgot about that. That’s what I get for not looking things up.

I actually can’t answer this for a fact.

This is what I recall,
I did Thieves’ Cache,
then Deep Blue Heaven,
Uttermost Wind,
Gallery of Serpents,
and then Deep Blue once or twice more after that. If anyone feels like doing the math go for it.

Before I do that is. I might do that now.

Completed Gallery of Serpents…

…and am still at Archaeologist 3. I believe all expeditions (except Tomb of the Seven and Thieves Cache) give +2 CP
Here has been my progress to date (with my assumptions for CP gain and total CP)

Learn the traditions of the Forgotten quarter - Arch 1 (+1 CP total 1)
Thieves Cache x2 - Arch 2 (+1, x2, total 3)
Deep Blue Heaven - Arch 2 (+2 total 5)
Uttermost Wind - Arch 3 (+2 total 7)
Tomb of the Seven - Arch 3 (+0 total 7)
Gallery of Serpents - Arch 3 (+2 CP total 9)

This implies Deep Blue Heaven is the most supply/action efficient way to get to Archaeologist 5

Also, Cecil, I added my result with your Fate Expedition form.
edited by Puutuulion on 12/11/2015

Are there Rivals in the two Fate-Locked expeditions, or is that a Forbidden Subject (since it is about Fate content).

– Mal

[quote=malthaussen]Are there Rivals in the two Fate-Locked expeditions, or is that a Forbidden Subject (since it is about Fate content).

– Mal[/quote]

Answered you in a PM.

[quote=Puutuulion]Completed Gallery of Serpents…

…and am still at Archaeologist 3. I believe all expeditions (except Tomb of the Seven and Thieves Cache) give +2 CP
Here has been my progress to date (with my assumptions for CP gain and total CP)

Learn the traditions of the Forgotten quarter - Arch 1 (+1 CP total 1)
Thieves Cache x2 - Arch 2 (+1, x2, total 3)
Deep Blue Heaven - Arch 2 (+2 total 5)
Uttermost Wind - Arch 3 (+2 total 7)
Tomb of the Seven - Arch 3 (+0 total 7)
Gallery of Serpents - Arch 3 (+2 CP total 9)

This implies Deep Blue Heaven is the most supply/action efficient way to get to Archaeologist 5

Also, Cecil, I added my result with your Fate Expedition form.
edited by Puutuulion on 12/11/2015[/quote]
If you manage Thieves Cache and Deep Blue Heaven carefully, you can confirm the cp increase from Uttermost Wind and Gallery of Serpents.
Also, nice!

[quote=malthaussen]Are there Rivals in the two Fate-Locked expeditions, or is that a Forbidden Subject (since it is about Fate content).

– Mal[/quote]

There are rivals in every expedition. Except maybe the Thieves Cache, I haven’t done that one in ages so I don’t remember. I also can’t confirm this but I’m fairly certain the Heart’s Desire expedition has rivals too. But anyways yes both fate expeditions have rivals which work approximately the same as every other rival.

[quote=Optimatum][quote=malthaussen]Are there Rivals in the two Fate-Locked expeditions, or is that a Forbidden Subject (since it is about Fate content).

– Mal[/quote]
There are rivals in every expedition. Except maybe the Thieves Cache, I haven’t done that one in ages so I don’t remember. I also can’t confirm this but I’m fairly certain the Heart’s Desire expedition has rivals too. But anyways yes both fate expeditions have rivals which work approximately the same as every other rival.[/quote]
I should have answered here, it’s not a forbidden subject, you can see all the possible rivals by conceding an expedition. There’s Monsieur Pleat for one of the expeditions and for the other a non-fate rival makes a come back.