Connected: the Rubbery Men Rework Coming Soon!

I really hope this trial goes well by whatever metric. This alone has made me incredibly interested in earning rubbery renown, and I would be overjoyed to see it applied to all the others.

Didn’t they fix that already? (Or perhaps the rubberyman’s supposed to be picking your pocket)

How does one get to Flute Street
edited by Harlocke on 4/26/2016

Complete the University storyline and follow the subsequent Glim-Sculptor storyline to its (fate-locked) conclusion.

Oh, so you have to give up the term passing activities permanently? I haven’t progressed the university story so I could keep using those. Is it worth it?

Arguably, yes. The most profitable of the Term Passing activities were nerfed last I heard.

Not sure, it hasn’t been updated on the wiki if so. And it’s almost certainly a mistake since there’s no amber requirement for the card.

I played that card relatively recently and gained amber from it.

But I’m interested in seeing how it changes now; it’ll be the first conflict card that has both sides using Favours.

I think that may be the case . . .

I remember being really annoyed on my main that I couldn’t continue the Term Passing, as I was getting some amazing stuff I would have hoarded beforehand else . . . either time since then has taught me perspective, or they nerfed it by a lot, as my alt recently played through the Term passing and could see nothing worth keeping him there, and so left the university without any worries.[/quote]

Yes, the better option for Casing there was nerfed.

I think that may be the case . . .

I remember being really annoyed on my main that I couldn’t continue the Term Passing, as I was getting some amazing stuff I would have hoarded beforehand else . . . either time since then has taught me perspective, or they nerfed it by a lot, as my alt recently played through the Term passing and could see nothing worth keeping him there, and so left the university without any worries.[/quote]

Yes, the better option for Casing there was nerfed.[/quote]

Is there anything at all worth stockpiling in term passing before I move on? I think I’ve done all the term passing activities but it’s hard to say for sure.

Aside from any material benefits, I’m going to miss the fun of hanging out idly on campus :(

Doing business at the Feast of the World on success gives a London Street Sign and can be done three or four times per carousel. Also make sure to get SotC to 10 before finishing the University if you haven’t already.

Can you keep raising SoTC after you found your own department? And what about raising benthic and summerset connections? Is that still possible?

Yes, it’s still possible. You might need to do something after the end of the storyline to get those options back, but you can’t lock yourself out from them forever.

I had hopped I would have more time to raise my robbery connections…

Does anyone have any statistics for how many levels I can raise with 60 actions per day at flute street?

As a more general version of the same question, what’s the CPPA for raising C: Rubbery Men in Flute Street? How many actions is one loop of the carousel, how many CP and possible actions for the raising Connected option in the second segment, and how many CP are given by the best final option?

Specifically you can still raise SotC there, but not for free up to 10.[li]

Well, I’m at Flute right now. It is not a good way to raise connections.

You can do it only at the second part of carousel, from 7-9 (evert action raise the carousel by 2 cp, meaning 14 actions just to get to that part) and every action only raise connection by 5 cp (giving +45 cp for that part). Final prize does not raise it. Total of 23 actions for 45 cp. Since this is not the best (or second best or even a good way to) grind for echos, probably it is better of to wait at London and draw cards with your 23 actions. 2 conflict cards can give you 60 cp, while you are doing something else at London.

edited by Gonen on 4/27/2016

[quote=Robin Mask]
All fair, but the final prize does give CP . . .

It just kind of depends on which prize you pick, but one certainly does.

Edit: Every action on every part of the carousel seems to raise a stat, mostly ‘watchful’, I think . . . while waiting for opp cards relies heavily on the RNG, so you may go a day using up actions without getting a single CP increase . . . it depends on what kind of player you are, but I’m happy to use Flute Street every so often, in between London excursions, as it does have uses :)
edited by RobinMask on 4/27/2016[/quote]

It is a good way to raise Watchful. That’s a bonus. I’m, unfortunately, capped, so less benefit there.
I see the raising of cp on final option. Missed that. Can you assess by how much?
Less than 30. 5? 10? 15?
I still argue that drawing 2 cards in 23 draws will gain you more connection and is very plausible and more connection profitable and echo wise more profitable (since you are available to grind other cards and AoB/CoC or whatever in London).
Unless you can tell me that final choice in Flute raises 20-25 cp of connection, to add to those before the final choice, I don’t see how this is profitable in connections and echo.
It IS fun lore and a nice place to hang out, but not if wanting to arm race yourself with rubber.
(Add the 10 action to get there and 5 additional action to leave).

Concerning Flute Street:
With Time Passing 7-9 you can get 5 CPPA with &quotA Rubbery Knot&quot for a total of 70 CP, I think (14 action * 5 CP).
With Time Passing 10 (the final stage) you can get +35 CP with &quotA closer look at their devices&quot.

If my math’s right that means it’s 24 actions per carousel and with the right options it gives 3.33 CPPA. Definitely not the most efficient option, but it’s certainly more consistent than waiting to draw cards, especially for those with more crowded decks.

[quote=rahv7]Concerning Flute Street:
With Time Passing 7-9 you can get 5 CPPA with &quotA Rubbery Knot&quot for a total of 70 CP, I think (14 action * 5 CP).
With Time Passing 10 (the final stage) you can get +35 CP with &quotA closer look at their devices&quot.[/quote]

Hmm… I got my calculations to indicate otherwise. Can you help me figure what’s wrong with them?

5 cp connection for every action between 7-9 on carousel. Each action raise the carousel by 2 cp, so that’s only 9 actions to complete 7-9.
9 actions * 5 cp = +45 connections.
Last final stage is only 25 or under. I have a photo from that action, made several month ago, showing me a raise between level 29 to 30.
I just did that again and rose from level 21 (with 19 cp) to level 22 (unkown cp). Indicating 25 cp at max.
So that’s 45 cp + final stage of… 5-25 cp. For total of 50-70 cp after 24 actions.
(Profit for these actions are among the worst available at Flute, not including 15 actions to get there and back. But that’s just echo wise, if you care about that when also grinding for connections).