Connected Pet (some spoilers)

Greetings ^^

Just today I got an object [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)](a Clandestine rendez-vous in Watchmaker’s Hill)[/color]that entitled me to the action “A Clandestine rendez-vous”, that, according to the description of the object, should entitle me to a [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Connected Pet[/color].

Does anybody know what it is exactly?

Thanks for the advice ^^
edited by streetfelineblue on 2/8/2012

I was right!

edited by Patrick Reding on 2/8/2012

…I just happened to find another similar card, so I went for the action. My pet is a [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Hungover Terrier (+1 Bizarre)[/color] ^^ And I’m not pissed at all; just curious to see where this is going _

EDIT: my pet does show in the Pet list, and is fully equippable. Cubethulhu, maybe a small bug?
edited by streetfelineblue on 2/8/2012

[quote=streetfelineblue]…I just happened to find another similar card, so I went for the action. My pet is a [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Hungover Terrier (+1 Bizarre)[/color] ^^ And I’m not pissed at all; just curious to see where this is going _

EDIT: my pet does show in the Pet list, and is fully equippable. Cubethulhu, maybe a small bug?
edited by streetfelineblue on 2/8/2012[/quote]

Exactly my pets not even a pet. I got gypped.

Well, just report it to ebbugs@failbettergames.com ^^

I got the same pet at Branden Linton, mine tho is located within the ‘Curiosity’ section

Sent, hope I don’t get a response that explains that its just not a real pet. -_-

Er did it cost you Fate? I’m not sure why the great anger? My delicious starveling cat is not a “pet” and I can still interact with him. And even if your dearling isn’t a “pet” you can always submit feedback requesting a promotion to “proper” status…

[color=#009900]Branden, please read and abide by the forum guidelines. [/color]

Sent, hope I don’t get a response that explains that its just not a real pet. -_-[/quote]

IDK, but: they’ve been presented in the same sneak peek, they have a similar descriptor and were obtained in an analogous way… I highly doubt there could be a substantial difference, if not in [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]the outcome of the storylets they could unlock (again, I don’t know, but coming from a gold-bordered card makes me think they’ll have long-term consequences)[/color].

[color=#009900]Branden, please read and abide by the forum guidelines. [/color][/quote]

I honestly thought it wasn’t a bug. I mean the starveling cat says it gives -3 persuasive but its not equip-able so I always thought it was like that.

I chose the urchins, and managed to get [color=#ffffff]a grubby kitten[/color]. I am worried, however, that this is the only one of this sort of pet I can obtain. Are we able to get more than one kind of connected pets?

I got the same pet as streetfelineblue; the quality that I got for it is more interesting to me than the pet itself, to be honest! I -am- wondering if there’ll be a fate-locked option to pick a different pet, though (I didn’t realize it was a final sort of choice, and I’m not sure if I would’ve chosen something else).

The quality that comes with the pet for both the Tomb Colonist side and Docks side (ah, the joy of alts) is fascinating as well. I too want more information on if we will be able to acquire multiple pets - though perhaps we will have to resolve one story quality at a time?

Well apparently the clandestine rendezvous is a item that allows you to pick a pet. Considering there seems to be more then one card to get this there might be a way to get more pets.

I would have liked a Grubby kitten, but the Terrier is nice too, it was the most fitting choice for my character story-wise, and I like the sound of the Quality it gave ^^

Anyway, before thinking of getting more pets, we should discover what our ones do, exactly!

My spy contacts gave me a [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Subtle Mole (Dreaded +1)[/color] to look after.

Later this evening, I received an opportunity card that had said pet as a requirement. One of the possible choice was to get rid of it (“send it on an impossible mission from which it will not return”). So it appears that our choice is not permanent and can be changed later.