Concerning the A Pail of So-Called Snow storylet

I search for a friend to invite to a private supper via A Pail of So-Called Snow stoeylet

This is a very bad idea. The urchin even tells you- don’t feed it to anyone you like.

Nevertheless, if you still seek the knowledge from it, I am game. It is a terrible waste of your lacre, but i’ll consume it.

Make sure yor nightmares are below lv. 7 before you send it, though. otherwise, bad things will happen to you.
edited by Grenem on 12/10/2015

I just feel that, with the thing my character has been doing recently, he would rely enjoy feeding someone some lacre and watching what happens.
But I asked around a bit and people tell me that it is a HUGE waste, so I wonder what would be a more sensible option?

[quote=TheDapperTeaFox]I just feel that, with the thing my character has been doing recently, he would rely enjoy feeding someone some lacre and watching what happens.
But I asked around a bit and people tell me that it is a HUGE waste, so I wonder what would be a more sensible option?[/quote]
In order:
Inspecting it with a monocle - +3 Taste of Lacre (up to 8 if done correctly)
Feeding it to a wild boar - +1 Taste of Lacre (up to 15)
Dipping a soul in it - +1 Taste of Lacre (up to 5)
Feeding it to pet - +1 unique pet

[quote=TheDapperTeaFox]I just feel that, with the thing my character has been doing recently, he would rely enjoy feeding someone some lacre and watching what happens.
But I asked around a bit and people tell me that it is a HUGE waste, so I wonder what would be a more sensible option?[/quote]
Well, both people get 8 points nightmares, and poor returns even without the item costs, though the text looks interesting. All it rewards you with is some stat points, and- possibly very interesting text.

If you have SOTC, you can gamble for 3 points ToL with examine it through your semimotic monocle. If you don’t, you can eat your first pail which might, possibly, return two points instead of one, though it’s capped at 2 ToL (so the first 2 buckets only.). Either way, the easiest way to benefit from them is to dip a soul in it, even if it isn’t the most cost effective (it does work every try all the way up to 5 points. not bad.). You could also try to gamble for a rare pet by feeding it to a talkative rattus fabber or a malevolent monkey. Either way, you’ll lose the pet if you fail, and on average, that’ll be 3-5 monkeys (i don’t know if you actually lose the monkey on failure, though.) or 10 rattus fabers (which you do lose, but they’re laughably cheap)… and a pail per try, too.

If you don’t have a destiny yet, you could get one.

If you don’t have a 4-card lodging, there’s only a few points needed to be hoarded (specifically, it’s probably a good idea to get a remote lodging and move there until you have a 4-card lodging, since it removes a few useless cards. that costs 3 points ToL. If you’re playing collectionist, you’ll want all three types, so hold onto your pails once you hit ToL 5.), but you might as well get a start for next year. Without SoTC, it’s impossible to surpass ToL 6 without mr. sacks, and so if you have a 4-card lodging without SoTC,. you’ll want to use your pails very wisely.

Either way, so-called snow is often worth 150 echoes to the right individual, so it’s a shame they can’t be sold/transfered. oh well. You won’t get nearly as much use out of it, but still, using it wisely is good advice.

You can track your TOL with your profile.
edited by Grenem on 12/11/2015

[quote=Cecil ][quote=TheDapperTeaFox]I just feel that, with the thing my character has been doing recently, he would rely enjoy feeding someone some lacre and watching what happens.
In order:
Inspecting it with a monocle - +3 Taste of Lacre (up to 8 if done correctly)
Feeding it to a wild boar - +1 Taste of Lacre (up to 15)
Dipping a soul in it - +1 Taste of Lacre (up to 5)
Feeding it to pet - +1 unique pet[/quote]
What are the odds of getting the unique pet?
[li]

Very rare: according to the veritable Nitebrite:

That said, I have one myself via the Rat. Not that I’ve ever used him at all though.

All the said, I will dine on lacre with you if the offer stands.

As will i. Despite the nightmares, halucinating i am [redacted for spoilers, pm if you wish to know] on someone elses dime would be quite enjoyable, and i have good menace reduction systems.

Are the other ways of getting so-called snow available yet? Otherwise it’s only that one time from the advent calendar (which I believe is already closed).

I was served a lacre-laced dinner last year by a mischievous friend; it was delicious. Although my dreams that night were bizarre in the extreme…

Snowfall seems to be late this year (personally, I’m blaming El Niño). The only word so far from FBG is, of course, that &quotAll Shall Be Well, And All Manner Of Thing Shall Be Well.&quot So for now, we’ll just have to be patient.

And just hours after I ask, it appears. I should therefore ask more often ;)

I paid the 30 Fate and got the fancy new Mr. Spices item. The text was full of flavor and personality. We don’t get to see enough of that Master… Check my journal, if you are interested.

What is the best use for A Pail of So-Called Snow? Please help.