Completed?

Hello.

So, early October 2013, or 1891 of Neath time I entered the game.

I pretty much enjoyed it, and still do. But, it seems as if now, with Notability 10, Salon an not-so-great stats at all, I have meet the walls all around.

Ambition: Nemesis? Iron Republic, heart-colding meeting in the cell.
Neathy Pets and bishop and Hellgate? Sure.
Velocipede Squad? Probably incomplete, yes. Probably. But I already did the decision about my further strategy here.
Foreign Office? Being booted out of university and rearranged to? Indeed.
Jack’s Case? Most enjoyment, but finished too.
Rubbery Consort? Sure.
Eater of Chains? Depends on opportunity, but seems it’s matter one or two more actions.
Master Thief? Gang of Hoodlums? Yes, yes.
4 card lodgings? Yes, my room in the special hotel awaits.

After that it feels as if there’s only Overgoat to move on. Fidgeting writer along the way to, but it’s one more month, probably two.
Any more ideas for probably missed stories laying around? I think there’s missed something shadowy, as I have only 88 natural shadowy, as opposed to 150 watchful.
Not so much interested in items and collectioning though. But Landau will be mine no further than today,

(yes, fate lockers are acceptable too, but once again, seems I have these all opened already)

And these months were awesome anyway. I just don’t want May to be the last one. :)

Have you, for instance, explored all the Nadir has to offer? Advanced yourself as a Scholar of the Correspondence? Though, even if you are reaching the limits of the existing content, there’s always more game still to come - you can always take a break, return in a few months and see what new stories have been added. Plus, Sunless Sea isn’t so very far away now, which will be a whole new way to explore the Neath!

What should I do to enter the Sunless Sea then?

Might I suggest that you go to Ladybones and further the Clathermont storyline? More was added in February, which will unlock a chance to get an off souvenir and a permanent point of Bizarre/Dreaded/Respectable, along with some interesting news about what MIllicent has been upp to.

Oh, and there’s also the 5-card lodgings, plus the three remote lodgings that are unavaiulable to you until next winter probably. That’s a shame as they are interesting and hae useful effects, such as lowering menaces and trimming certain cards from your hand…

[quote=Mordaine Barimen]Might I suggest that you go to Ladybones and further the Clathermont storyline? More was added in February, which will unlock a chance to get an off souvenir and a permanent point of Bizarre/Dreaded/Respectable, along with some interesting news about what MIllicent has been upp to.

Oh, and there’s also the 5-card lodgings, plus the three remote lodgings that are unavaiulable to you until next winter probably. That’s a shame as they are interesting and hae useful effects, such as lowering menaces and trimming certain cards from your hand…[/quote]

Thanks! Your first idea is great, will go and check it.
I have one of remote lodgings (not all, because I’m about stories, not ‘collect-it-all’) though

How about Stormy-eyed? That comes from dreams about thunder and takes you to a different place.

Looking at that shadowy stat have you done the Affair of the Box?

Have a look at the FAQ here - aside from looking like a cracking game in its own right, you’ll be able to get extra bonuses if you link your Fallen London account. Pre-order if you like the look of it!

There’s also the Wars of Illusion in the Flit and Mahogany Hall.
edited by Martial Canterel on 3/28/2014

Thanks, will preorder Sunless Sea,
Wars of illusion and Afair of the Box — yes, completed too;
although I do remember I didn’t went around my own newspaper.
edited by Kharsirr Lynx on 3/28/2014

[quote=circe]How about Stormy-eyed? That comes from dreams about thunder and takes you to a different place.

Looking at that shadowy stat have you done the Affair of the Box?[/quote]

Oh, there IS something more around Stormy-Eyed? Many thanks!!

Eventually, yes.

In a similar situation, I’m mostly (i) building my Salon for a Princess visit (no real point, I have Notability 15, but it’s there…); (ii) slowly accumulating cash for goats, low priority; (iii) trying to work out whether it is currently possible to become a Paramount Presence (next up - maybe taking to the stage?!); and when I remember, (iv) seeking out oddities like the Blemmigan.

seek mister eaten’s name? (once its active again)

collect odd pieces of sentient clothing from polythreme?

find a salt weasel?

get a salt weasel, a fighting weasel and a lucky weasel, then sing &quotpop goes the weasel&quot?

drink some absinthe wine with a friend?

explore the mirror-marches?

join the moon league, so i can steal all your tokens? (PM me)

Does that mean that you can not start Seeking it at the moment? That would explain why the only result of looking into a well when peckish was a bad trip into the Mirror Marshes

[li]

Raised Enigma ambition to 10?

Managed to get more than one rare pet simultaneously?

Gained access to the Labyrinth’s fifth coil?

[quote=Ewan C.]Raised Enigma ambition to 10?

Managed to get more than one rare pet simultaneously?

Gained access to the Labyrinth’s fifth coil?[/quote]

Fun fact: One of these was actually possible, for a brief time.

I compiled this list a very long time ago. Here’s a bit of an update:

Have you EVERY house?
All PoSI items?
Is your equipment maxed?
Have you an Overgoat? An Übergoat?
How high is your Master Thief?
How high are your Newspaper Accomplishments?
How high is your Experienced Zailor?
Have you maxed out all your Quirks?
Have you maxed out all of your Connections? To their highest descriptors? How high is your Connected: Masters?
Did you get the various and sundry items, such as the Consonant Violin, Iron Republic Journal, Anarchist’s Sabel & Neddy Jacket, all 7 Ravens, Bifurcated Owl, Clothes Colony & Unfinished Hat, Recipe for Zzoup, Impossible Theorem, all 6 Irrigo items, all 4 Relicker items and Master’s Blood?
Do you have a Rare Pet? A Bat with Attitude?
How many Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name candles do you have?
Do you have all the Knife & Candle Items? Order of the Wistful Rose, Unfettered Medal? Glory/Silent/Irresistible?
Does your mantelpiece display a singular item and a singular accomplishment?
How many Cryptobotanical Rosettes do you have?
How about a wedding?
Connoisseur of Neathy Delights maxed out?
How high is your Scholar of the Correspondence?
Others, feel free to add on to this.

Then there is the elephant in the room: Hesperidean Cider. I am always hesitant to even mention this because it is, at least, a two year grind. More like three in most people’s’ cases. I do not want to do anything which discourages people from playing Fallen London. I feel it is an excellent game and I don’t want to read somewhere that someone found it too much like work or an insufferable grind because they were trying so hard to get this, they became disenfranchised and gave up. And yet, there it is, sitting all by it’s lonesome in the Bazaar, taunting you with it’s rarity and promise of immortality. It is there and you don’t have one. The game is unbeaten until you do.

[li]
edited by Nigel Overstreet on 4/5/2014

Yes, I’m very glad you are so responsive here. Moon League is a perfect chance. And yes, I’d be just glad to delve in SMEN, as I entered the line literally day before sudden hiatus.

I’m currently working on an Impossible Theorem, saving up for an Overgoat, collecting Theological Husbandry content, and doing my favorite Shrine of the Deep Blue Heaven loop repeatedly, which has randomly selected but almost uniformly extraordinary content at its conclusion.

find ways to advance the liberation of night?

[li]
Don’t do this unless you like the idea of all light in the universe being snuffed out (light being something we need to survive as biological life-forms), and you don’t care much about being protected against people shooting you and taking your stuff.