Commiseration: Our most painful failures

I failed a 92% succes chance four out of five times.

1 in ~8,300 chance!

My most frustrating failure is the one I just had: Get the “Deal with the Devil”, trade it in, get the next one, then try to keep going in the storyline, and lose it all. Had a high memory of Light too.

I’ve opened well over two dozen nearly-unwrapped Pass the Cat packages, and received naught but bloody scratches and humiliation for my trouble. The Name is so close I can taste it…just one more box.

98% chance of success. Failed twice in a row, for a total of six failures since yesterday morning when it was a 97% chance. I know I haven’t done this 100 times. I’d be done by now.

EDIT: And now twice in five tries with a 99% chance of success. RNGs are made of hate.
edited by Finvara on 4/24/2013

Tasting red honey during the Festival. A woman tempted me.

The last time I consumed the damned thing, I had to take name-seeking as a penance. This time, I’ll have to think of something more punishing.

I have just failed a modest (78%) challenge eight times in a row. EIGHT. I gained about the same number of CP in Nightmares for my trouble, and with nothing to show for it. [li]

That’s a 1 in 180,000 chance. That’s pretty bad.

I just accidentally clicked the wrong button on the Restitution card and am no longer Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name.
No support is available for SMEN content and once you’re free of the name , you can’t begin Seeking again.

Life pretty much sucks beyond the telling of it.

i thought the restitution + restaurant options deliberately /didn’t/ give free of the Name or take your candles just in case you misclicked
i mean getting back to SMEN 8 again would take ages + i’m not really sure how the whole marsh mired thing would work but you probably can get back into the Search
edited by Spacemarine9 on 5/18/2013

[quote=Spacemarine9]i thought the restitution + restaurant options deliberately /didn’t/ give free of the Name or take your candles just in case you misclicked
i mean getting back to SMEN 8 again would take ages + i’m not really sure how the whole marsh mired thing would work but you probably can get back into the Search[/quote]

No, you can get free of the Name whenever you want, as I have demonstrated. I lost 100 Jade, an Aeolian Scream and one of my favorite storylines.
Once you’re free of the name you get a &quotFree of the Name&quot quality which means you can’t pick the story up again. If this isn’t so, anyone is free to send me an invite from the Marsh-Mired storylet, but I doubt I’ll show up on your drop-down.[color=rgb(51, 51, 51)][/color]

No i mean you can ditch the Search alright but you don’t actually get the Free of the Name quality so you can just restart it. You just lose SMEN, Unaccountably Peckish and Marsh Mired.
edited by Spacemarine9 on 5/18/2013

Nigel, you appeared in my list, so as you asked I’ve sent you a way back in. I hope this helps alleviate your misfortune.
edited by Doomlewa on 5/18/2013

It all depends on how deep into the search you were when you accidentally abandoned it. If you were deep enough, you won’t truly be free of the name, and won’t have the quality. If it said you got “Free of the Name” though, you’re stuck.

you’ll be able to skip over Becoming The Number at least . . .

I’m still recovering to the -20 hit to stats for the candles though. Ouch.

If you still have your candles you can at least keep working towards St Cerise’s, seeing as nothing there requires a SMEN higher than 1 :V

Alas, no dice. Both my candles disappeared when I clicked the absolution button.[li]

ow, i knew someone who ditched the search a while back and kept the candles but i guess that mighta changed

It’s not hugely painful all at once, but it stings a little every time I look at a card with a cloud on it, and then find out it’s only Weather at Last.