Cider Club

Caroline has achieved her goal. The Cider is hers.

I have been remiss in noting it, but I too have garnered Hesperidean Cider a few months ago.

Cider has been obtained, and just in time for the finale of Light Fingers.

Did you buy it or steal it? Wasnā€™t Master Thief capped at 50 the same as Procurer of Savage beasts?

Iā€™ve finally obtained Hesperidean Cider. Iā€™ve been a citizen of the Neath for quite a few years, so it hasnā€™t been endless grinding. My progress in Ambition Heartā€™s Desire has been stuck with a marvellous deck of cards at 100 and Ambition 210. Finding a marvellous venue is stuck at 1 though. Finding the Queen hasnā€™t worked. Anyway, Iā€™d be happy to offer a sip of the H. Cider as a celebration to others. Jamit.

A while back, Mr Shepherd asked if I would keep a list of all those who have Hesperidean Cider. Now that I am qualified to do so, here is that list.
For sips, I find these are excellent guidelines.

edited by Nigel Overstreet on 7/25/2017

Wellā€¦ after a long while of working for it, and selling a lot of my stuffā€¦ itā€™s finally here. Anagram has a Cider.

I understand if this is not the right place for this, but what would one need to acquire Hesperidean Cider for themself?

Accumulate 160,000 Echoes. The Bazaar actually sells the stuff, and thatā€™s the price.

Finally got it.

I thought I would work on leveling Scholar of the Correspondence at the University now that wounds are a non-issue, only to realize that I had sold all the Wild Words items I need. Oops. :sweat_smile:

An echo of using it to leave the Boat, to act as proof that I have it:
Fallen London
edited by PJ on 1/16/2021

well done!

Didnā€™t know this thread was a thing! I (The Anxious Aesthete) got cider a few months ago.

Friends, Iā€™m ecstatic to share that after seven years (and several auction bids) Iā€™ve grasped the Cider!

If you care for such things, do me the kindness of raising me a toast in-game - and Iā€™ll pour the cider and offer a toast in return! (Also happy to offer sips any time in general, as Iā€™m able.)

As documented on a certain other forum for discussing events in London, The Intriguing Curate saved up enough money a few days ago for the cider. As they had never actually died prior to that point, they called upon the denizens of that den to help them orchestrate their own assassination, so they could truly understand what it was they were overcoming. They had just recently moved from being closest to the Church to closest to Revolutionaries to help out in Mr. Chimeā€™s Clearing out with the donation of Masterā€™s Blood.

They had planned to switch back, but the events of their first time being dead had an impact on them. For the first time, they questioned their faith. Theyā€™ve decided to embark on a journey of self-discovery, starting by attempting to fully understand their new revolutionary allies. In light of this, theyā€™ve taken on the alias of The Accidental Revolutionary, in light of their tendency to accidentally help the Liberation of Night with no intent in doing so.

I <3 <3 <3 this story!

That right there sounds like an interesting character.

I was just talking with my S.O. IRL about how my own character has changed since she came to the Neath, in ways I love but could never have predicted. Itā€™s part of the beauty of this game: the parallel development of character and setting, the symmetry.

Thanks for sharing your cool story.

After 8 years in Fallen London, hwoosh finally has a Cider. No idea why it took so long! ā€¦ except that doing SMEN and getting the Knock, plus throwing thousands of Echoes of Tears away to keep Nomen alive for Gant Tattoos six years in a row, probably had something to do with it!

[quote=hwoosh]After 8 years in Fallen London, hwoosh finally has a Cider. No idea why it took so long! ā€¦ except that doing SMEN and getting the Knock, plus throwing thousands of Echoes of Tears away to keep Nomen alive for Gant Tattoos six years in a row, probably had something to do with it![/quote]The Tears sure do add to those numbers especially if you extended your friends life as much as possible, not the minimum requirement.

So you are one of the ones that got a tattoo every years since NiteBrite got it first? Nice, nice, nice!

[quote=Skinnyman][quote=hwoosh]After 8 years in Fallen London, hwoosh finally has a Cider. No idea why it took so long! ā€¦ except that doing SMEN and getting the Knock, plus throwing thousands of Echoes of Tears away to keep Nomen alive for Gant Tattoos six years in a row, probably had something to do with it![/quote]The Tears sure do add to those numbers especially if you extended your friends life as much as possible, not the minimum requirement.

So you are one of the ones that got a tattoo every years since NiteBrite got it first? Nice, nice, nice![/quote]

I went and checked the &quotChristmas (historical) page on the wiki to be sure, and I must have missed one year early on, because the Nomen first appeared in 2014, and if Iā€™d gotten it every year, I would have already reached 7. I probably wonā€™t stop at 7 eitherā€“itā€™s heresy to say this in Fallen London circles, but I attach no particular importance to the number!

So Iā€™ll probably keep getting weird eldritch snowman tattoos as long as Iā€™m in Fallen London. The stiff, self-imposed headwind will make Hellworm and Heptagoat, and whatever other wild endgame grinds the FBG gang dream up in the future, all the sweeter an attainment.

1 Like

[quote=hwoosh]I went and checked the &quotChristmas (historical) page on the wiki to be sure, and I must have missed one year early on, because the Nomen first appeared in 2014, and if Iā€™d gotten it every year, I would have already reached 7. I probably wonā€™t stop at 7 eitherā€“itā€™s heresy to say this in Fallen London circles, but I attach no particular importance to the number![/quote]Technically, you are correct, but no one knew about the tattoo so you got it in the same year as the first players did. I was lucky enough to find NiteBriteā€™s blog post via web.archive to confirm this. :) Besides this, your character must already have the regular tattoos to get the private one.

But in the Neath we know there are other things too and clocks can be treacherous!

Out of curiosity, did you push your Noman to the max each year or only enough to get the tattoo? Asking for a friend that wasted close to 59k E of low EPA materials.

1 Like

[quote=Skinnyman][quote=hwoosh]I went and checked the &quotChristmas (historical) page on the wiki to be sure, and I must have missed one year early on, because the Nomen first appeared in 2014, and if Iā€™d gotten it every year, I would have already reached 7. I probably wonā€™t stop at 7 eitherā€“itā€™s heresy to say this in Fallen London circles, but I attach no particular importance to the number![/quote]Technically, you are correct, but no one knew about the tattoo so you got it in the same year as the first players did. I was lucky enough to find NiteBriteā€™s blog post via web.archive to confirm this. :) Besides this, your character must already have the regular tattoos to get the private one.

But in the Neath we know there are other things too and clocks can be treacherous!

Out of curiosity, did you push your Noman to the max each year or only enough to get the tattoo? Asking for a friend that wasted close to 59k E of low EPA materials.[/quote]

Fascinating, that much I did not remember! Well itā€™s heartwarming to know I havenā€™t missed a year after all!

Iā€™ve pushed my Nomans significantly past the minimum each year, just because weā€™ve never known for sure that FBG that they might not significantly change the melt rate again. But merely enough to give a comfortable buffer, not to extremes.
edited by hwoosh on 9/27/2021

1 Like

I am now a proud member of the Cider Club! Took literally years, but I now have the immortality juice.

Now to get that wormā€¦

1 Like