Choices of Fallen London

DismallyOriented and I have made a Google doc listing all the major choices in the game (the University trial, the Battle of Wolfstack Docks, &quotWhat is Love?&quot, etc.), along with our choices and why we chose them.

The doc is open, so I invite everyone to join in! Record your choice and your reasons, or just the general thoughts that were going through your head at the time (if you can remember). It can serve both as a list of accomplishments and point of sociological interest. After all, Failbetter knows what choices we picked, but not exactly why we picked them, and the reasoning is often more important than the choice itself.

If we forgot any, feel free to add more headings! And, have fun!

How delightful! I shall make an entry immediately.

I’ve been adding my choices to it and I love reading the others entries. dismallyOriented’s responses have to be my favourite along with Spacemarine9 making a special guest appearance.

Also I’m happy to see the people so far are in agreement that blowing up the Clay Men were taking things so far. It was that storylet that made me seriously consider going to the side of the Neddies when I first played it.
edited by ArtRulesAll on 3/15/2014

Really? Thank you, Helen. I’m glad you liked them.

I don’t have a favorite. I’m just fascinated in general by the responses.
edited by dismallyOriented on 3/15/2014

I know that it’s now much easier to choose sides but would the time when the Numismatrix first asked you which side you are playing for in ‘Spending Secrets’ count as a major choice?

I’d say so, Pyrodinium, add it to the document. I’ve weighed in my answers on those choices I can remember, and realised a lot of them boil down to Armand being religious, and the worldview he holds as a result.

I think this document is a terrific idea. I spent almost two hours reading everyones interesting thoughts and choices and adding my own.
I agree about adding the Numismatrix. Even if you can change your Closest To now. I’m probably more intersted in why people changed their answer than in why they picked their original one.
edited by Martial Canterel on 3/15/2014

[quote=Helen Demeter] along with Spacemarine9 making a special guest appearance.
[/quote]

I’m going to have to point out that this was an impostor, because I’ve been asleep for the past few hours and only just woke up.
they’re not wrong though

[quote=Spacemarine9][quote=Helen Demeter] along with Spacemarine9 making a special guest appearance.
[/quote]

I’m going to have to point out that this was an impostor, because I’ve been asleep for the past few hours and only just woke up.
they’re not wrong though[/quote]

Oh! Now this is a twist.

[quote=Spacemarine9][quote=Helen Demeter] along with Spacemarine9 making a special guest appearance.
[/quote]

they’re not wrong though[/quote]

Don’t be too sure–That link was first posted on the IRC yesterday afternoon, along with what eventually became the rat spreadsheet.

[quote=dismallyOriented]
Don’t be too sure–That link was first posted on the IRC yesterday afternoon, along with what eventually became the rat spreadsheet.[/quote]

Either way I wasn’t the one who wrote that! I wouldn’t stop at just one line about rats.

[quote=Little The]DismallyOriented and I have made a Google doc listing all the major choices in the game (the University trial, the Battle of Wolfstack Docks, &quotWhat is Love?&quot, etc.), along with our choices and why we chose them.

The doc is open, so I invite everyone to join in! Record your choice and your reasons, or just the general thoughts that were going through your head at the time (if you can remember). It can serve both as a list of accomplishments and point of sociological interest. After all, Failbetter knows what choices we picked, but not exactly why we picked them, and the reasoning is often more important than the choice itself.

If we forgot any, feel free to add more headings! And, have fun![/quote]

Interesting project! I have added my bits.

[li]

[quote=Spacemarine9][quote=dismallyOriented]
Don’t be too sure–That link was first posted on the IRC yesterday afternoon, along with what eventually became the rat spreadsheet.[/quote]

Either way I wasn’t the one who wrote that! I wouldn’t stop at just one line about rats.[/quote]

Ah. I should’ve realized.

Brilliant idea, Little The! Reading everyone’s entries has been fascinating, and I’ve added a few of mine.

I have also been adding my entries. What would people think of including the choices made with the Bohemian Sculptress, the Vicar and so for?

If you think it’s worth adding, go ahead. You’ll just need to link to everything.

Hm, sounds interesting. I haven’t advanced very far, so hopefully I can avoid spoilers while putting in my bit.

i would if i could remember all the options i took. by the time those storylets were created my main’s stats were already high enough to breeze through all the challenges. went through them too quickly to leave much of an impression.