Chat Room

Hexchat’s probably the easiest to work with for new users on Windows if you want to try a dedicated IRC client. It’s also free.

For reference:
Server: contego.ny.us.synirc.net
Channel: #fallenlondon
[li]
edited by Vine34 on 11/11/2013

If you’ve been on the fence about visiting the IRC channel, maybe this will convince you. Spacemarine sent Alexis some parcels:

Alexis responded with these:

The offers will be withdrawn at midnight. If you’re quick, you might catch the last flailing minutes of agonised indecision. Bring popcorn.
edited by Sebastian Flyte on 11/14/2013

i was going to do it a minute ago but i need a drink and maybe some time to let people percolate in to see my gasps of terror

I feel like I’m watching history in the making right now.

Man, I’m sorry I can’t visit the channel right now!

It’s genuinely thrilling … (no sarcasm)

never put anything to popular vote

everything is goldfish

that was either the best prank or the worst decision i’ve ever made

or both
Roughly what happened, if you missed it, minus a lot of the correspondence and whatnot surrounding it.
edited by Spacemarine9 on 11/15/2013

And now you’re still in suspense! Evil.

And the new timer on living stories is four weeks instead of a week. Hopefully it’ll just be a goldfish.

Possibly the best stream of a browser game ever.

Four weeks? Also evil. But hilarious (sorry!).

[quote]Russia is sinking! Fallen London will annexe the tomb-colonies! Mr Wines is marrying the skeletal corpse of a nun! The Spider-Council is holding a debutantes’ ball! It’s almost impossible to stop once you’ve started. Just keep talking. Everything will be fine.[/quote]Tomorrow at 9pm GMT, #fallenlondon is holding a convention on the mysteries of the Neath. Specifically, those concerning bees. Are there other honeys? Which Bee is Grumpiest? And is the Quiet Deviless a secret insect? These and other pressingly apiological conundrums welcome! Sources encouraged! Speculative entities incautiously entertained!

If you are – implausibly – not riveted by bees, perhaps this will engage your interest:

edited by Flyte on 12/17/2013

That did indeed engage my interest… Where is that from exactly?

Click the picture to find out. :)

Is my face red… Didn’t even think to look for a link…

Me neither. I had to ask in the chat, and I felt a bit silly for not checking.