Celebrate Mona Lisa Day with a museum heist!

I just found out that today is the 111th anniversary of the theft of the Mona Lisa! And what better way to commemorate one of the most famous museum heists of all time, than by doing a museum heist of your own?

For those who haven’t had the chance yet, the Prelapsarian Exhibition opened up a new Heist, which is robbing the new Museum we just built. What a perfect occasion to play some recent content,

9 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t even know about that!

Nor did I know about the Mona Lisa actually having been stolen once. Well, that painting is overrated anyway… :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

How do you feel about the fact that it’s famous because it was stolen? It wasn’t famous before that, and apparently its renown has nothing to do with its artistic merit!

3 Likes

I wish there’s an option to kidnap F.F Gebrandt and have her pay you ransom (‘reward’) for her freedom.

1 Like

If you didn’t see it in the museum, that perspective may change when you do so. :slight_smile:
Easiest comparison that comes to mind is a picture of a sunset/sunrise vs actually seeing it. There are details that can be lost when taking a photo no matter of the device. Some details are too sublime to be repainted.

Now this may be something! :rofl:

2 Likes