Catching Angler Crabs...

It’s taking me 4 actions to catch/kill the crab. Three to get to 8 Pursuing and one to catch it. You’re also assuming everyone is in the fast ship.

But yes, this seems like not a great EPA source, although fun and providing some useful bone market items if you’re in particular need to headless bodies or scintillack along with the other items.

No idea! The last time I touched the Labrynth was before my hiatus (I’ve only somewhat recently started playing again after a break) Thanks for the tip

[quote=Toran]It’s taking me 4 actions to catch/kill the crab. Three to get to 8 Pursuing and one to catch it.[/quote]Pursuing 8 takes two actions.

[quote=Toran]You’re also assuming everyone is in the fast ship.[/quote]Wrong.

[quote=Tsar Koschei][quote=Toran]It’s taking me 4 actions to catch/kill the crab. Three to get to 8 Pursuing and one to catch it.[/quote]Pursuing 8 takes two actions.

I must be using the wrong options, then, because I’ve done three of the options and they all took 3 actions to get to Pursuing 8.

The option “Take a Risk” produces twice as much CP of pursuing, but also has a non-trivial challenge. It’s currently a 250 difficulty for me.

Pursue, outflank, and Use your Monstrous Anatomy all provide the same amount of CP. You mention 3 actions, is Take a Risk not appear for you?

He probably just didn’t notice it, or realize it was better. For me it’s 95% success so 2 actions 19 in 20 times. And 2 actions to increase zailing regardless of ship speed.

Yup, this one.

Still not sure I’d do this other than as a source for Scintillack since I use that for my once every three weeks skellington. But good to know when they start adding more animals to ruthlessly exterminate.

Yay, they’re back and this time not all gone before I woke up! I’ve killed 3. Being a monster hunter with a zub helps.

This would be an awesome opportunity for my newest alt, but they aren’t eligible yet. For my two characters who are eligible, it’s kind of ho-hum.

In ~7 hours we’ve chipped through ~20%, but the crabs will be getting more difficult and less novel now, so I’d be surprised if there isn’t a dramatic slow-down. I hunted 2 and then carried on to the Khanate; I’ll probably catch 1 or 2 more on my way back. If they’re here in a week, repeat! Since this isn’t our first crab rodeo, I don’t expect we as a player base will be as frenzied to re-discover that all that happens when we reach 0 crabs left is that there are 0 crabs left.

Sorry, this is my first crab-catching experience.

Is this mini event like this:

1. Go to Wolfstack Docks, go on your ship.
  2. Navigate through the waters, pursue the crab, reach In Pursuit of a Zee-Beast 8.
  3. ‘Strike down the Angler Crab’ at Shepherd’s Wash.
  4. Rinse and repeat until crab population is depleted.

The loots are:
Crustacean Pincers, Deep-zee Catch, Fin Bones, Headless Skeletons, Knob of Scintillacks, and some other common expendable items.

That’s it? I expected to actually obtain a crab companion or something.

Pop dropped about 900 in the last hour. IF it continues at that rate it will be about two days more. If FB is expecting it to last another week there will have to be a dramatic increase in how long it takes to kill each crab. I don’t expect it will take until the end of the month before its over.

[quote=fishandchips]Sorry, this is my first crab-catching experience.

2. Navigate through the waters, pursue the crab, reach In Pursuit of a Zee-Beast 8.

The loots are:
Crustacean Pincers, Deep-zee Catch, Fin Bones, Headless Skeletons, Knob of Scintillacks, and some other common expendable items.

That’s it? I expected to actually obtain a crab companion or something.[/quote]

Yep, that’s basically it. There’s not much to it! I think that’s why FBG was caught off-guard with the first event, I bet they didn’t expect people to put as much effort in to it as they did. But everyone wanted to find out if something cool happens when they’re all gone (no).

This time around I hunted two on my way back from the Khanate, but that’s it for now.

Well, I missed the event the first time around so am having fun hunting the angler crabs now, I’m finding it a nice break from everything to think I’m “gone fishing”! :)

[quote=fishandchips]Sorry, this is my first crab-catching experience.

The loots are:

That’s it? I expected to actually obtain a crab companion or something.[/quote]

Yes, though you can repeat catching crabs without going home in between every single time. But do go home sometimes, so your troubled waters doesn’t get too high and you drown.

I don’t know if there are any rare successes.

I’m enjoying the “fishing”, though it is pretty slight for an “event”.

I hope something happens when the crab population reaches 0 this time. Maybe the mother Crab coming

[quote=Flynneldariel]I hope something happens when the crab population reaches 0 this time. Maybe the mother Crab coming[/quote] I imagine it would be fairly feasible to re-skin a &quotCrabs Remaining&quot quality as &quotMother Crab Hit Points Remaining&quot so if it doesn’t happen this time, I don’t see why we couldn’t have some sort of Raid Boss in the future. …Goodness, it’d still be &quotus collectively making a number go down&quot, but I can’t deny that’s a fun visual.

I earned a few thousand Glim by drowning, splendid!

Right now is probably sweet spot for profitability. Each crab currently gives an extra ten echoes of Rostygold due to Rarity, but the Elusiveness is only a marginal speed-bump. Rewards will continue to increase, but I remember the Elusiveness being a larger burden towards the end of the event.