Casing a New Target

Shadowy friends,

I was wandering through the streets of Elderwick this morning, merely minding my own business, when I noticed a delcious looking targ… house belonging to a duchess. It was such a fascinating abode that I called in some favours from some …friends… to get some more information about the home and its owner. Well, after some exploration inside the house I discovered something quite interesting. I promised not to tell, but suffice it to say that some extremely wealthy people now owe me a favour.

(Is this a new heist, or just something that I missed before?)

[quote=trebar]Shadowy friends,

I was wandering through the streets of Elderwick this morning, merely minding my own business, when I noticed a delcious looking targ… house belonging to a duchess. It was such a fascinating abode that I called in some favours from some …friends… to get some more information about the home and its owner. Well, after some exploration inside the house I discovered something quite interesting. I promised not to tell, but suffice it to say that some extremely wealthy people now owe me a favour.

(Is this a new heist, or just something that I missed before?)[/quote]

Cost 5 favours - and it is on!
Yes, it was announced early on

New Heist - it was announced in the Rubbery Connection thread

Reward is 32.5 Echo (1 Magnificent Diamond or 1 Favour in High Places, 25 Surface-Silk Scraps, 10 Ostentatious Diamond, 1 Puzzle Damask) at 5 Prorgess / 5 Criminal Favours.

No additional reward at 7 Progress.

Same difficulty as the lawyer heist. Not seeing any unique cards.

Hmm. Not the most efficient use of Favours: Criminals, but a much easier source of magnificent diamonds if you also have friends with the constabulary, as you can cash them in without having to hold onto the conflict card, and the chance of the second diamond from beating up the minister was hardly reliable.

Plus, of course, having a variety of heists is nice too.

Be vigilant for a rare success. Both of the previous heists had one, and that might explain why the (base?) reward is a little bit lackluster given the criminal favours investment.

Yes, that is good thinking.
Otherwise it is less profitable than the Baseborn heist (both prizes at Baseborn, when calculating rare success there).
Maybe a new card (like PtPT Drownies on House at Cubit Square), maybe a new prize unlocked at 12 Cat like progress, etc.

The prize IS disappointing when investing the favours, though the story is charming!

BTW, the cards are the same, but perhaps the odds on several cards are slightly less to our favor. That could explain why FBG said it is a mildly harder heist.
edited by Gonen on 5/4/2016

Cat-Like Tread 15 does not unlock any new prize.
Not indicating there isn’t a rare success/card somewhere.

[quote=Gonen]Cat-Like Tread 15 does not unlock any new prize.
Not indicating there isn’t a rare success/card somewhere.[/quote]
+1 for the effort and information, mate! Keep up the good work!

Was that Cat-like tread or Burglar’s Progress?

Cat like. I am VERY stealth.
(15 Burglar’s Progress, thank you. Always get them confused).

I’ve played very little with the Heist mechanics, but the text might suggest an interest result if you have enough values at exactly 4.
edited by Ian Hart on 5/5/2016

Day 5:
I am still trapped in the mansion, searching for the exit.
For days I was feeding only on stolen documents. And also a passing talkative cat once. Will I ever see the Neath again? Perhaps I should just walk into one of the mirrors I found in the menacing corridor.

So, no new prize at Progress > 40. That was quite obvious after we found nothing at 15. I did it for the MW and fun, not expecting to find a hidden prize. No rare card was reviled while drawing cards to get to this level of progress. Perhaps there is still a rare chance when cashing the progress.
edited by Gonen on 5/6/2016

I’m having a go armed with an Escape Route and Intriguing Key, which I usually don’t bother with. Nothing new has turned up at Progress 25…
edited by Parelle on 5/6/2016

…or Progress 50. But I’ve another idea when I regain my 5 Favours again - this time I won’t use the escape route, key, or inside information when I’m finishing the heist.

I’ve only just realised that it takes 1 more actions to complete this Heist than the others, so the EPA is worse than I had originally thought

Nope, no dice on keeping the keys, escape route or inside information - nothing new is unlocked.

Don’t forget 5 actions to get the favours (which can be switched for much better gain several places elsewhere)

Plus the actions to shed the suspicion from getting (most of) the favours.