Card Countdown no longer running.

Ever since upgrading to Firefox 44.0.1 the countdown counter that displays how long till a new card has stopped running. When loading the page it just stays at whatever it is set to at that moment.

The candle countdown counter for the next action still works though.

I couldn’t find another post on this; does anyone else have this problem?

I’m using chrome and am experiencing the same issue.

Odd. The candle counter works. But every time I draw a card (I was using Firefox 44.0), it incremented the time remaining to the next card but did not count down (e.g., counter frozen at 0:10, drew a card, counter changed to frozen at 3:06).
But… when I updated to 44.0.01, it started working properly. Which would seem to contradict Corran’s experience. Then it froze again. Obviously, something not working. But at least the deck does replenish.

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 2/9/2016

I thought they tied card and action counter to same thing. I was pretty sure there was a blue post about it a few months back?

Although the card and candle counters are supposed to be the same, since yesterday, my counters keep getting out of sync. They activate at the same time, but the numbers are off. Internet Explorer.

Mine sometimes runs, most of the time doesn’t. Both firefox and chrome. Didn’t coincide with any browser update, but I think it coincided with deleting browser cache (which makes sense - the browser then had to download new (and potentially newly-bugged) code from server).
Clicking the STORY tab multiple times in quick succession shows that there is still clock non-synchronization issue on the servers, too (remaining time can oscilate up and down by as much as a minute now, for me).

1. the counters should now both be “trigger every ten minutes since you created the account”, I think.
  2. What you see ticking down in your browser window is NOT the real timer. It is just an approximation - the game sometimes synchronizes “remaining time” from server to browser, and then the browser changes the displayed time by 1 s approximately every second (it is not really trivial to measure this exactly in a browser, so this displayed time can be wrong by a lot in the 10 minutes it takes for one action).
  3. Apparently, the “cards waiting” display is no longer updating properly.
  4. clicking on STORY tab seems to load “cards waiting” timer from server, but “actions/next in” seems to only reload when it hits 0.
  5. there are multiple physical (or virtual) servers hidden behind “fallenlondon.storynexus.com”, and you never know which one is serving you right now. And they have different clocks. And those seem to be out of synch, which is why you can see the “reamining time” jump up or down on reloads. It’s also another reason why “actions/next in” can jump up/down when it reaches 0.

I should have added that new cards don’t show up either.

I now need to change tabs or reload the page to see any new cards.

That is odd, for as I say I have the same counter issue, but the cards refresh as usual.

– Mal

I have the same problem - counter almost always stuck, cards appear only after refreshing a page. Started on Firefox 44.0, didn’t change after updating to 44.0.1. I suspect something is off on server side.

I noticed this problem yesterday, and have now confirmed it on two computers and two browsers on each (both FF and Chrome).

i have the same problem with chrome, haven’t tried with firefox

My card counter is stuck as well on the Chrome iOS app.

I’ve had this issue across multiple browsers (Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and the now defunct IE), but since it happened so soon after a belated upgrade to Windows 10, I thought it might be me. And then I didn’t think to bug report it because it hasn’t really damaged my playing experience significantly (the bazaar side-streets unlock requirements glitch is far worse, for example).

As far as I can tell, behind the scenes, the counters are all still running properly, just not showing in the browser.

[quote=thedeadlymoose]I’ve had this issue across multiple browsers (Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and the now defunct IE), but since it happened so soon after a belated upgrade to Windows 10, I thought it might be me. And then I didn’t think to bug report it because it hasn’t really damaged my playing experience significantly (the bazaar side-streets unlock requirements glitch is far worse, for example).

As far as I can tell, behind the scenes, the counters are all still running properly, just not showing in the browser.[/quote]

Yes, I’ve experienced this with both Chrome/Firefox in both Linux and Windows. It’s somewhat of a hassle, particularly when engaged in a heist. Seeing all of the other reports, I presume that this issue is being attended to. Still working on my Ubergoat …
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jamit
edited by Jamit on 2/9/2016

I’ve been experiencing the same problem. I have to switch tabs in FL or flip a card to get the counter and card count to refresh.

Same problem here, with Firefox 44.0. I might also add a detail: the card timer appears with a space after the colon (i.e. before the number denoting seconds). This is not normally the case and, unless I am mistaken, the timer was glitchy again on the previous occasion I noticed that space. This could be a symptom, albeit an unexpected one.

Same problem here. The card stack does not refresh. Latest Chrome.

Same problem in Opera, as well as Firefox. Started roughly 24 hours ago.

I want to update that, besides internet explorer, my iPhone’s browser is also doing it.

An interesting detail! Now I notice this too. Timer without space works fine, but if a space appears, it always stops working.