Can't seem to download new stories

Latest patch seems to have made it impossible for me to download new stories, as I keep getting stuck on the &quotDownloading Images&quot portion before the download just stops.

Is anyone else having similar problems?
edited by Bardigan on 2/4/2015

Unfortunately, no. Well, fortunately for me, I guess, but unfortunate in that I have no idea what’s causing it for you. Have you tried clicking the update button and then quickly alt-tabbing out for a long time until you’re sure it’s done? My creaky laptop sometimes crashes or stalls if I keep an updating or loading game as the active window, so I make a habit of that.

It worked for me just as I am reading this post.

Huh, well would you look at that! I’m using a laptop too and apparently the technique worked after I gave it a few tries. Many thanks!
edited by Bardigan on 2/5/2015

Mine tells me that import fails.

[quote=Bardigan]Latest patch seems to have made it impossible for me to download new stories, as I keep getting stuck on the &quotDownloading Images&quot portion before the download just stops.

Is anyone else having similar problems?
edited by Bardigan on 2/4/2015[/quote]

Yes, I’ve had the same thing happen repeatedly for updates - I sometimes have to try downloading the new updates a couple of dozen times.