Can't change effects setting???

I have the same problem as the guy in the page above. Why can’t I change it and how can I fix it???
Also the game bugged out after I died the first time and chose a legacy. It threw me into the middle of an empty ocean and I can’t do anything at all,and the whole UI just disappeared.And yes, I’m sending a bug report.

I never knew that option existed… must’ve been some time I last visited the video settings :) Anyway, a quick test seems to indicate it does work if at the same time I also change Fullscreen to Windowed (and then just back to Fullscreen after accepting), then Effects stay Disabled. Does that help you?

Edit: Just retested - the above method works. Can’t help you with the other issue, alas.
edited by Reshemin on 12/10/2016

The bug with the game not properly loading and just trapping your ship on an empty ocean has been happening very occasionally to me since a while before Zubmariner. I’m not really sure what causes it; sometimes just quitting the and reloading works fine, sometimes the save has just been completely broken and I’ve had to copy over the important qualities onto a fresh save.

Do you have Zubmariner? The one time this happened to me since Zubmariner’s release, I was able to dive and surface a couple times to get unstuck. As far as I can tell the game is failing to load the map and the ship defaults to (0, 0) - bringing up the map screen shows the player being somewhere at the southwest corner where (0, 0) would be. Thus repeatedly diving and surfacing forces the game to reload the map and the ship is freed.

[quote=Reshemin]I never knew that option existed… must’ve been some time I last visited the video settings :) Anyway, a quick test seems to indicate it does work if at the same time I also change Fullscreen to Windowed (and then just back to Fullscreen after accepting), then Effects stay Disabled. Does that help you?

Edit: Just retested - the above method works. Can’t help you with the other issue, alas.
edited by Reshemin on 12/10/2016[/quote]

Thanks. I’ll try it out later.

Btw, I don’t have zubmariner.

Ok that changed the video option. But for some reason, I can’t change my resolution while in windowed mode. Meh.

I decided to load a manual save instead of accepting death. I just turned off my lights instead of trying to fight anything. Found Venderblight to start off my first quest. Darnit. Everything’s too expensive at the beginning. It there any guide on how to get to Polythreme?
edited by rebelanarch-82 on 12/12/2016