Cannot recommend players for Notability

Thought to do this on a new topic, instead of &quotspent your last point of notability never fear&quot topic which we sometimes overlook.
The option to recommend another player for 1 point of Notability is currently non existence. Probably temporary due to app.
Consider this when planning your strategy.

Would like an update on this, if you see changes.

Probably due to offline mode and sync, I suppose - one can send Notability to many people this way by resyncing.

Not terribly advantageous as there are plenty of people with enough BDR to have infinite Notability to hand out, but still…

[quote=Estelle Knoht]Probably due to offline mode and sync, I suppose - one can send Notability to many people this way by resyncing.

[/quote]

Re-syncing? Eh?
(Eyes roll in head. Core temperature rising. Sweating pores activated).
What are you all rumbling about with your fancy shmancy hi-tech stuff. On which button do I press to send a point? Just point me to the correct lever.

EDIT: Not role playing. I am really a neandertech.
edited by Gonen on 4/21/2016

When booting the game, you need to send and receive data to/from the FBG server.

When you are out of action, you need to send and receive data to/from the FBG server so you can regain actions.

If you log in on the browser to do something, it will overwrite your data on mobile.

So it can get messy if I was on mobile, send Notability to a bunch of people (that being an auto-accept action), then log in browser and do some random thing so it overwrite whatever I did on mobile. Which mean a bunch of Notability was just born out of thin air.

Things like that anyway. I think going offline disable social actions on the mobile in any case now.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 4/21/2016

Thank you for the explanation.
So can’t we just send via browser and disable the option on app?
Why cancel the option on browser also instead just don’t apply on the app?

I wouldn’t think that would work anyways. If you do some social actions but don’t sync, the actions wouldn’t have been communicated to the server and would be overwritten by the browser actions.

Gonen: I think the app and browser both use the same database of storylets so there’s no way to remove it from one side only.
edited by Optimatum on 4/21/2016

[quote=Optimatum]

Gonen: I think the app and browser both use the same database of storylets so there’s no way to remove it from one side only.
edited by Optimatum on 4/21/2016[/quote]

From what I saw, everything got its own design. So designers couldn’t just omit that button/storylet from the app but keep it in browser? Omit completely or slap on an Impossible quality to it?
Thus enabling the app users to receive Notability but send it only via browser (and keep the browser community without change).
Or do you say the storylets are drawn automatically from the same database to the new design at the app, thus we are unable to omit just the data from app?

(boy, I feel like I’m a thousand monkeys banging on a thousand typewriters now)
edited by Gonen on 4/21/2016

Since the app uses the live database I assume that includes the database of storylets. No reason to use twice the space to store the same information twice over and risk version discrepancies. The app has a different interface than the browser but uses the exact same content.