Cannot invite Facebook friends

I find that I can’t invite any Facebook friends. The twitter invite works, but I don’t really use twitter much (nor do a lot of my friends), so my friends aren’t on there. I just get the classic Facebook loading three vertical blue/white pulsating bars, but it never loads. I generally use Chrome, but have tried in Firefox and Explorer. Is this a known bug, as I noticed echoing to social networks was off for a while recently…?

Ah, I see. That’s your problem right there. I had a similar problem in the past and found that once I stopped using facebook to log in it cleared that problem right up.
Facebook is buggier than Victorian tenement slum and more likely to have someone peeking in on you. It’s connection with Fallen London has been beset with problems since day one and it’s inability to work well with third parties, something it was once famous for, has now crippled the Echoing ability. But don’t take my word for it, take Alexis Kennedy’s…

[quote=Alexis Kennedy]Let me go on fucking record here: as a small fucking developer I wouldn’t fucking integrate with fucking Facebook again if we started over.
quite a challenge to get that many fuckings in 140 chars, but I think the emotional tone here is relevant.[/quote]

Seriously, load through Twitter or e-mail and save yourself the heartache. You will also find the Fallen London community far more active on Twitter both in terms of content sharing and role playing. If you want your friends from Face book to play as well then just post about it on Facebook as you would were it a hilarious feline and encourage them to sign up through Twitter or e-mail as well.
And if your friends aren’t playing Fallen London…well for the life of me I can’t think of why you’re still friends with them!

Hehe thanks for that reply. I had a go at logging in via Twitter to see if I could then invite Facebook friends (I already linked both Facebook and Twitter), but couldn’t, so I will take your other suggestion and abandon the idea! If it’s a known issue, then maybe a message to that effect would be good. I spent a while thinking it was me, and trying it on various browsers etc…ah well.

[color=rgb(51, 0, 153)]You can also submit a bug report to: fallenlondonbugs@failbettergames.com[/color]
edited by Alys Indigo on 5/31/2012

[quote=Alys Indigo][color=rgb(51, 0, 153)]You can also submit a bug report to: fallenlondonbugs@failbettergames.com[/color]
edited by Alys Indigo on 5/31/2012[/quote]

I’ve had this problem and I did that – But this is obviously not a new problem, and they don’t have a fix for it.

Given that the obvious ways of reducing Nightmares and Suspicion are social, this seems a less than optimal situation. They need to have more obvious reduction means for those that don’t require social actions if they can’t get the social stuff fixed.

[quote=OBloodyHell]I’ve had this problem and I did that – But this is obviously not a new problem, and they don’t have a fix for it.

Given that the obvious ways of reducing Nightmares and Suspicion are social, this seems a less than optimal situation. They need to have more obvious reduction means for those that don’t require social actions if they can’t get the social stuff fixed.[/quote]
The social actions works fine as long as you aren’t using Facebook.
The problem is on Facebook’s end, not Fail Better’s. As I said, connect through Twitter and you should find that all your problems clear right up.

It would be nice to have some warning that it’s not going to work if it’s a known bug. I didn’t have any joy with connecting through Twitter instead either. I just decided to ignore all the social actions, and develop something of a laudanum habit.

I don’t think the fact that Facebook sucks is either Failbetter’s responsibility or breaking news. If you’ve already sent in a bug report with no response(which would be odd) then a few things come to mind:

If you’re having trouble with social actions through both Twitter /AND/ Facebook, then the problem might be on your end. Maybe some other script or program your browser is running is interfering?
What is the game displaying when you were trying to connect through Twitter? You said Twitter actions were working fine earlier, when did that stop working? Is it malfunctioning in the same way as Facebook?
If nothing else, try sending me a social actions( @N_Overstreet on Twitter. I should show up as Renraku Forrtyk on your drop down menu.) and send me a PM once it’s been sent and I’ll let you know what I get on my end.

ah whoops, I sent a different bug to ‘ebbugs@failbettergames.com’

I got an auto-response, but now I’m not sure it will be seen.

[color=rgb(51, 0, 153)]No worries it will be seen :)[/color]

I meant that connecting via Twitter did not help with social interactions with people via Facebook. I can’t really do social actions via Twitter with my real life friends, as barely anyone I know uses Twitter (I only have an account to use for signing up for things really!). I’ve got access to 3 different browsers in 3 different computers (2 laptops 1 desktop) plus my mobile phone, plus I’ve tried in a couple of different networks, so I don’t think the problem is my end.

Does anyone know if there’s supposed to be a delay between when you add a friend on Facebook and when the Bazaar figures out the fact?

Hello all,

We’re aware of the problem and we’re working on a fix. I’m afraid we don’t have a timetable for that fix yet.

Nigel.

[quote=Nigel Evans]Hello all,

We’re aware of the problem and we’re working on a fix. I’m afraid we don’t have a timetable for that fix yet.

Nigel.[/quote]

Cheers. Good to know!