Can you surf the Underzee?

I’d imagine you can get some killer breaks down there. Hell, even without giant swells you could longboard it just fine.

Sure. You can also save yourself roughly ten painful, tortuorous minutes and just drown yourself pre-emptively. The unterzee has no shallow waters- it’s deep regardless of how you approach london.

I find that bound sharks are the best boards for the Unterzee and if you treat them right and feed them all their favorite treats they will protect you from the other monsters of the depths.

Unless you’re a Monster-Hunter, which I think is the only profession which can canonically thrive and face punch armored monsters in the depths of the Unterzee, it’s best not to surf.

I bet the Iron Republic’s beach break is out of this world

Now you made me want to be a monster hunter just to do that!

As they can be shot out of an Icarus in Black, it gives a new meaning to the word &quotcanonically.&quot

Maybe the reason the Brimstone Convention left Hell was for Ambrose ‘Point Break’?

edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 1/15/2016

This thread has made my day. :-p

[quote=Charlotte_de_Witte]Maybe the reason the Brimstone Convention left Hell was for Ambrose ‘Point Break’?
[/quote]
Off the Boreal Coast
There’s a place called Palmerston
That’s where you wanna go
to get away from it all
sinners in the ash,
tenders souls melting in your hand
We’ll be falling in love
to the sound of a silver brass band
Down in Palmerston

Aestival, Khan’s Shadow, ooh I wanna take you to
Cumaean, Carnelian, come on comely matron
Port Cecil, Nuncio,
baby why don’t we go
Ooh I wanna take you down to Palmerston,
we’ll get there fast
and then we’ll take it slow
That’s where we wanna go,
way down in Palmerston.

Now I can’t shake the image of Keanu Reeves shouting “Bodie! I am an AGENT OF THE SPECIAL CONSTABLES!”

Charlie don’t surf, though. Charlie Don't Surf- The Clash - YouTube

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 1/15/2016

Well, there’s no wind down there, so why would there be waves?

There’s certainly a Wax Wind. Waves and Zee breezes are mentioned in the text I am pretty sure. Drownie’s heads certainly bob in the river.

Its a very good point you make :)

Other than ‘Snow’ does the Neath have weather? Does it rain? Is there only one Storm? I would think given the size of the Unterzee (as a ready source of moisture) and the large temperature difference between North and South (also perhaps the bottom and top of the cave?) the weather might actually be quite turbulent.

edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 1/17/2016

[quote=Charlotte_de_Witte]Other than ‘Snow’ does the Neath have weather? Does it rain? Is there only one Storm? I would think given the size of the Unterzee (as a ready source of moisture) and the large temperature difference between North and South (also perhaps the bottom and top of the cave?) the weather might actually be quite turbulent.
edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 1/17/2016[/quote]

Probably. Huge IRL caves have their own weather systems so I guess physics defying supermassive caves like the Neath would have their own as well.

[quote=Pyrodinium]

Probably. Huge IRL caves have their own weather systems so I guess physics defying supermassive caves like the Neath would have their own as well.[/quote]

That’s awesome! Thank-you :) Besides which, what would Londoner’s have to talk about if there was no weather? ;)

Yes of course there’s fog! How could I have forgotten the great banks you sail into in SS?! :)
edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 1/17/2016

It rains in Fallen London, even storms.

Also consider that my character is a Monster Hunter, consider it cannon that my the Manager of the Starveling Cafe longboards.

Ah, you can find anything on You Tube: Hobbs the Surfing Cat - YouTube
Not much of a wave, though.

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 1/19/2016

That poor little cat! :(

And his owners even spelt Hobbes wrong!

[quote=malthaussen]Ah, you can find anything on You Tube: Hobbs the Surfing Cat - YouTube
Not much of a wave, though.

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 1/19/2016[/quote]
edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 1/19/2016