Can I die ... permanently I mean.

So I am currently on a slow boat passing a dark beach on a silent river. Can my wounds ever get so high that I just can’t go back?

I don’t think so. Even if you have, like, Wounds 50 you could still work it back to zero.

You can mail the developers asking them to delete your character. That is the only way I know of for a character to die permanently.

I believe there’s also an opportunity card that lets you return to the land of the living immediately for a bit of Fate. But since I’ve been careful to keep Yana from dying at all, I can’t confirm this.

Kind of. Yes, this exists, but there’s a cap on how high your Wounds can be and still use it. (I think; I haven’t visited the Boatman in a while.)

I hear rumor that seeking the Name may bring you the death you seek…

Not permanently, to my knowledge. Though be prepared for just about everything short of that.

Greetings- I am in something a predicament regarding death in general. Recently I took a journey down the river thinking my visit might lead to a clue in my search for a missing comtess… however, I ran across this card:

[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]"…or you could just give up. It’s peaceful down here, after all."[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]-Lie back and close your eyes. Are you quite sure about this?[/color]

I daresay, curiosity is getting the better of me, but I have no desire to entirely cease to exist just yet…are there any thoughts on this predicament?

Yours,

-Rhian

Relax and embrace death, allow your fears to melt away.

there is always a way back in Fallen London, so far at any rate…

[quote=Rhian (???)]Greetings- I am in something a predicament regarding death in general. Recently I took a journey down the river thinking my visit might lead to a clue in my search for a missing comtess… however, I ran across this card:

[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]"…or you could just give up. It’s peaceful down here, after all."[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]-Lie back and close your eyes. Are you quite sure about this?[/color]

I daresay, curiosity is getting the better of me, but I have no desire to entirely cease to exist just yet…are there any thoughts on this predicament?

Yours,

-Rhian[/quote]

It just increases your wounds.

And decreases your Nightmares. That part’s important.