Cameo Galore! ( A small avatar mod )

Hello there fellow zailors!

I have created some cameos (Avatars) and I want to share them with you all!

I love Sunless Sea but the possible selection of avatars seemed a little bit lacking for me, especially because I love making magic, daemonic or bizarre characters. I have created a series of Avatars so you can use them on your game. My photoshop skills aren’t perfect so the pictures are somewhat choppy compared with the original avatars but I aim to improve, in case you guys like them I’ll make and upload more!

Here they are: Sunless Sea Cameos. Original Source: Mike Mitchell - Album on Imgur

Adding them is pretty easy! You have to go to: C:\Users—Username here—\AppData\LocalLow\Failbetter Games\Sunless Sea\images\sn\icons

In there you will find several avatars along with the rest of the images of the game. You have to follow a specific naming pattern to add them, otherwise the game might not recognise them properly.

In my case I always use avatar_other(and a number from seven onwards), at the end you should end with something like this: http://i.imgur.com/rspxnDY.png Once this is done all you need to do is execute the game and create a new game to select your new avatars! I think that after adding new avatars the game needs to recognise and add them so it might take a little bit longer to load, but I’m not sure, I need to test it further.

Proof:
http://i.imgur.com/qc4V4mL.png
http://i.imgur.com/dGhGuCg.png

I’m right now working on creating more and more avatars! I am using several characters from marvel and other franchises but some of them are original. In case you want a special avatar I’m also up to petitions!

These new cameos look great! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Amazing. I probably missed out a reference or two but the last one reminds me of TF2’s Plutonidome (It’s probably from something else and I’ll end up feeling embarrassed for not knowing).

Edit: It’s quite definetly the Plutonidome. Mmph-mmph. Excellent work.
edited by Infinity Simulacrum on 12/17/2016

Thank you!

You are right! From top to lowest the references are:

• Zubmariner Demon: Misterio from Marvel Comics[/li][li]Hooded Man: Moon Knight from Marvel Comics[/li][li]Panther Man: Black Panther from Marvel Comics[/li][li]Mr Iron’s Scion: Iron Man MkI Armor from Marvel Comics[/li][li]Sentient Ichor: Venom from Marvel Comics[/li][li]Pazuzu: Taken from a silhouette.[/li][li]Plague Doctor: Original Silhouette by Kada-Bura[/li][li]Hooded Man: Original Silhouette by Kada-Bura[/li][li]Sir Baratheon: Taken from a Silhouette[/li][li]Gunner: Altered original Cameo[/li][li]Mr. Sacks Jr: Oogie Boogie from a Nightmare Before Christmas[/li][li]Soul Trapped in a Mirror: Magic Mirror from Snow White[/li][li]Hellish Gentleman: Hell-Boy from Mike Mignola[/li][li]Jolly Skelly: Jack Skellington from a Nightmare Before Christmas[/li][li]The Experiment: Plutonidome from TF2

Thank you!

You are right! From top to lowest the references are:

• Zubmariner Demon: Misterio from Marvel Comics[/li][li]Hooded Man: Moon Knight from Marvel Comics[/li][li]Panther Man: Black Panther from Marvel Comics[/li][li]Mr Iron’s Scion: Iron Man MkI Armor from Marvel Comics[/li][li]Sentient Ichor: Venom from Marvel Comics[/li][li]Pazuzu: Taken from a silhouette.[/li][li]Plague Doctor: Original Silhouette by Kada-Bura[/li][li]Hooded Man: Original Silhouette by Kada-Bura[/li][li]Sir Baratheon: Taken from a Silhouette[/li][li]Gunner: Altered original Cameo[/li][li]Mr. Sacks Jr: Oogie Boogie from a Nightmare Before Christmas[/li][li]Soul Trapped in a Mirror: Magic Mirror from Snow White[/li][li]Hellish Gentleman: Hell-Boy from Mike Mignola[/li][li]Jolly Skelly: Jack Skellington from a Nightmare Before Christmas[/li][li]The Experiment: Plutonidome from TF2

I atleast vaguely kinda recognized most of those! Beams

Oh my gosh, these are absolutely beautiful! I think you’ve just given me a new reason to go back and pick up my old Sunless Sea save <3

Say, if you’re not too busy–I know this isn’t exactly a magic, daemonic or bizarre character, but do you think you could try and make a cameo out of my current profile pic? I’m even willing to do an art-trade if you want to (:

Either way, keep up the good work!

[quote=Slyblue]Oh my gosh, these are absolutely beautiful! I think you’ve just given me a new reason to go back and pick up my old Sunless Sea save <3

Say, if you’re not too busy–I know this isn’t exactly a magic, daemonic or bizarre character, but do you think you could try and make a cameo out of my current profile pic? I’m even willing to do an art-trade if you want to (:

Either way, keep up the good work![/quote]

There you go! No art trade needed but thanks anyways!
edited by Captain Maddhart II on 12/18/2016

[quote=Captain Maddhart II][quote=Slyblue]Oh my gosh, these are absolutely beautiful! I think you’ve just given me a new reason to go back and pick up my old Sunless Sea save <3

Either way, keep up the good work![/quote]

There you go! No art trade needed but thanks anyways!
edited by Captain Maddhart II on 12/18/2016[/quote]
Run, run! Before you get showered in comissions and requests, run!

YES. YES, RUN, before I tell all my friends about you and your wonderful work, and you end up–Yes, quite literally showered in commissions and requests, as Infinity just said.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to parade this beautiful cameo all over London. If you ever need any of your characters drawn, hit me up! I draw pretty things (: