Call in favors in the Flit is now a storylet!

It is now on the very bottom of the page, below Make some money on the side. Good news for all who want to consistently spend Urchin, Revolutionary, and Criminal favors.
edited by menaulon on 7/30/2020

Oh. That’s… great

Wish I had known this before I erected a statue of the Contrarian in order to have a more consistent use for rev favours.
Darn it, where am I supposed to draw cards now while in London? I lived in the Flit for years only because of this card. I’m rather confused than happy.
edited by NNNnobody on 7/30/2020

EDIT: My bad. It’s always been like that: 3 favours per click.

Strangely, you could not spend all the favours, you need at least 3 to spend 1 (so at 2 favours you’re locked out).
edited by Frenzgyn on 7/30/2020

For myself, Spite (Church favours) or the Docks (bones). Or the University for easy access to the Lab. Or Moloch Street.
edited by Wlerin on 7/30/2020

[quote=NNNnobody]Oh. That’s… great

Wish I had known this before I erected a statue of the Contrarian in order to have a more consistent use for rev favours.
Darn it, where am I supposed to draw cards now while in London? I lived in the Flit for years only because of this card. I’m rather confused than happy.
[/quote]
The turn-in for Revolutionary favours was also nerfed into the ground/sanely and reasonably re-balanced. The Flit turn-in is 250 Proscribed materials for 3 favours (down from 720), the statue in Ealing is 4 favours for 600. And, for whatever it’s worth, no LoN according to the Wiki.
edited by PSGarak on 7/30/2020

RIP one of the best cards.
2.5 EpA for Rev favours means that i have no reason to collect them, so RIP two other cards.

[quote=NNNnobody]
edited by NNNnobody on 7/30/2020[/quote]

Wolfstack has two cards that give 2.5 and 7.5 echoes and Your Lodgings has a rare card.

Eh.

Kind of wish this had happened before I paid 10 Fate to change the Ealing Gardens statue from Jovial Contrarian to Poet-Laureate. While the Ivory Humeri are highly useful, the main reason was that the card felt redundant and strictly worse compared to the Flit one.

I guess having a statue dedicated to my character’s ego is almost good enough as having a statue dedicated to perhaps my favourite character in London…

Finally! Permanently living in the Flit to draw this single card, was one of the most boring aspects of the game. And the new map was making it worst.
Really happy about that one.

Part of me wishes that this was available when I was bear-grinding, since I constantly had to get rid of them via conflicts with the dockworkers. Given the choice, I would have preferred scrap over rats, but I’m just glad that we have this option now.

Ach, this is bad news IMO. The Revs and the Docks were the only two remaining favours worth collecting since the introduction of the New Economy along with its 3.125e BM repeatable grind (admittedly fiddly at 5 or so clicks) or the one-click 3.068 spirifer Ealing spa grind. Now the revs have fallen, meaning perhaps four or so opportunity cards are actually worth playing now. There is almost no incentive to draw opportunity cards anymore late game!

The game has certainly changed in the last few months. I’ve spent the last couple of years doing end-game grinds between ESs and new content for cider and now the goat, keeping my favours up above 5 to efficiently cash them out on conflict cards (and Favours in the Flit especially!), all of which kept me &quotin London&quot drawing cards and occasionally visiting locales to cash in favours. In the last few months in contrast I actively keep favours below 5 to avoid those now-inefficient conflict cards and discard just about everything but docks (even the Cricketer! Isn’t she only 3e?). Granted, it was always annoying to not have any way to dispose of excess Revs, but I thought FB solved that rather handily with the Contrarian statue (which is still inefficient but at least it offers a burn-off when needed).

While sitting in a spa all day long I suppose isn’t the worse fate, it is pretty non-engaging, but my psychology is such that drawing out the goat grind even longer by playing lower epa cards just doesn’t incentivize me. Oddly, a few months ago I wouldn’t have imagined possibly taking one of the game enders that are upcoming, but now, I’m kind of thinking maybe it will be time, which is a new thought.

That said, what a BANG the last year will have been! So much fun new content and I think the game (assuming that You Know What Issue has been resolved) will be a much funner ride for brand new players. I know FB doesn’t make changes to things like the economy lightly, so I’m sure they know where they want to go, but I just worry about collateral damage like that of rendering the Opportunity deck useless isn’t recognized in its full effects on at least this player’s motivation. (But probably I’m just kidding myself: I’ll likely still be here mindlessly harvesting souls and compromising documents for the next 10 years!)

Deck flipping is not so bad. 3 Cards for docks favours (pet, faction, visit). Arbour. urchin favours are still ~3.1 EpA and you dont need a card to cash in anymore. A Spire-Emporium card. Aunt (fate-locked).
Conflict cards with menace reduction are still good 3-3.2 EpA (if you have that menace ofc)

If you have the Poet-Laureate statue in Ealing, Bohemians are now worth collecting. Two favours for a 30-echo Ivory Humerus is a great deal.

When did we get to the point that 3 EPA is bad? We are having a bit of a problem with power creep obsoleting content if that’s the case. I guess I’m stuck in the mindset of “2.5 EPA? Score!” from a few months ago.

That is the worry, though it needn’t be the case. Mid-game could have an EPA expectation of the &quotold&quot 1.7-2.5e or so since they’d have less access to end-game zones like the railways, Parabola, and BM. I had somewhat suspected that the new buildings would offer a correspondingly scaled-up favour trade for the end-game economy, but it didn’t really seem like it from the ones I had checked. Most seemed locked in the old ~2.5e max limit.

That’s good news, thanks for that, I think I was so excited to finally get a revs burn-off that I didn’t notice that one. It’d really be nice if all of the favour trades at the stations or Parabola were scaled up to keep favour trading a viable late-game concern. It’d actually be a funnish puzzle to work out a new circuit of London favour-harvesting, railway trips to cash out, perhaps a run to Parabola, and then back, which would keep me (profitably) engaged in all areas. My vague impression though was that most of the late-game storylets still offered 2.5e or less on return currently.

[quote=Waterpls]Deck flipping is not so bad. 3 Cards for docks favours (pet, faction, visit). Arbour. urchin favours are still ~3.1 EpA and you dont need a card to cash in anymore. A Spire-Emporium card. Aunt (fate-locked).
Conflict cards with menace reduction are still good 3-3.2 EpA (if you have that menace ofc)[/quote]

That’s true about Arbour, forgot about that one. I’m likely just exemplifying confirmation and expectation biases, as I just recall the ones that have &quotlost&quot value (most conflicts, calling in favours and favours generally, Cricketer, Newshound, Overgoat, Carriage, etc.). I’ll have to go back through and recost them I think. And I’ve always thought scraps were not worth it but perhaps I need to track that more closely.

Hopefully I’m off then in my fears. But it’d sure be nice if all favours were useful again in the late-game economy. I don’t have a ton of menace issues these days and relegating favours to a couple points of menace reduction doesn’t particularly entice me.
edited by Shaerys on 7/31/2020

Revs reward was nerfed from 720 to 250 (LoN remains) while the other two faction rewards are the same. I understand the lamentations of the Revs reduction, but consider how many Rev favors were wasted due to discards because the Flit card wasn’t coming up. For me, countless Rev favors have been discarded in this endeavor.

That’s a lot of wasted echoes we’re not accounting for here.

J-

I almost never discarded a card that gave a Revolutionary favor. They were too valuable, even the Smokey Flophouse. At times I’ve had four of them in my hand, just waiting for the call-in card to come up. (You could argue that I wasted the cards that I didn’t draw because they were already in my hand, I guess.)
edited by PJ on 7/31/2020

I’m a little sad because I only just recently got into the rev favour trade. I avoided it because I didn’t want to advance the liberation of night, but now that we can (finally) work against the LoN I was basking in the profit and rationalizing as my character ingratiating himself with the revs so that he could betray them more effectively later.

PJ - my experience has been that Rev favors are the easiest to come by. Perhaps others have a different experience. But when I have 7 of them and I’m trying to draw the Flit card, there were many times I had to discard additional Rev cards to retain other priorities.

J-

Ah, thank you for this post! Otherwise I would likely have been fruitlessly drawing cards in the Flit for who knows how long, commiserating my bad luck in not drawing the favors card. I can’t remember the last time I actually scrolled all the way to the bottom of the Flit page…