[BUG] Getting Locked in Fathomking's Hold

Occasionally, while attempting to leave Fathomking’s Hold, I get locked on that alternate background that is specific to the Hold and even when leaving the Hold to attempt to go back to Zee, the background persists, which doesn’t allow me to see anything on the overworld. I don’t know if theres anything I can do on my end to fix it, but it happens about 2/5 visits and it is really annoying to have to restart the game every time.

Well, you can quit out to the main menu and then Continue, but yeh. This has been happening for a while…

Had that with a few ports in recent times, but they’re becoming less and less.

I remember this happening often before if you click the menu before the screen fades to change the background when you enter the port. Haven’t happen for a while now.

This was happening in Vienna, and there was a fix you could implemente (it had a MoveToArea in the code when you left, but no MoveToArea back again when you came back). What’s weird about the fathomking is that MovetoArea isn’t mentioned anywhere. So I’ve got no idea how to fix it.

We’ll just have to wait on a fix from failbetter, I’m afraid. Sorry.

[quote=SporksAreGoodForYou]This was happening in Vienna, and there was a fix you could implemente (it had a MoveToArea in the code when you left, but no MoveToArea back again when you came back). What’s weird about the fathomking is that MovetoArea isn’t mentioned anywhere. So I’ve got no idea how to fix it.

We’ll just have to wait on a fix from failbetter, I’m afraid. Sorry.[/quote]

Yeah, I had the &quotstuck in Fathomking’s Hold and on the surface&quot bug for a while, than Failbetter said they fixed it, it went away, but as of the most recent patch, both of those bugs came back, and I now get stuck on the surface and in the Fathomking’s Hold all the time now.

You’re not having much luck at all DragonDai!

Again, this is not the case for me. Before the patch I could get stuck if I went to Vienna on the surface, but not anymore since the update. I think something went horribly wrong with your patch install.

For me, the patch seems to have fixed everything they said it would… maybe I’m just lucky.
edited by EnglishInfidel on 3/1/2015

This bug also affects the Wisp Ways at the Mangrove College. Once you complete the story there and get out of the Wisp Ways, you’ll have the sea covering background art stuck to the game until you exit the Gazette.

I reported it to FBG already, but was unaware it also affected the Fathomking’s hold.

I think it funny though, that the similar issue with the Surface was fixed, only for it to open up on two other areas. That’s software development for ya!

BTW: Anyone else want more of this effect in other areas of the game?

I can think of a few areas/events specifically that I’d really like to see cool bonus background art for. Primarily the whole sequence with the Nocturne, whenever you are locked in for the day at Adam’s Way, and similarly at Visage (basically whenever you’re &quotlocked&quot into a port until the completion of the story that’s locking you in there).