Blind Bruiser: How do his quests work?

Right now i’m trying to play a new, ‘pirate’ character, focusing on the seedy stuff, piracy, theft, criminal behavuiour etc.
I’m trying to get in with the blind bruiser, which ive never really engaged before.

He wants me to deliver some cargo to Mt palmerston, but i also have the option to ask for another job. Which seems to involve helping the cheery man recover from a medical problem

Can’t i do both? Will they lead to the same place, or different ?What exactly is that place.

Related: Ive noticed there’s options at gaider’s mourn ive never seen active. Stuff related to piracy and captured ships i think. Is helping the blind bruiser the path towards unlocking that content? Will either/both option lead me there?

Basically i’m asking for help and guidance here. With my current character i want to be as deeply involved as posssible in criminal activities, and i’m pretty sure the blind bruiser is the gateway to that
edited by Nanako on 12/18/2016

Doing the cargo delivery quest will just end by giving you some echoes and you being able to ask to deliver more cargo(though remember that if you refuse to carry more cargo you will not be able to ask to carry cargo again), don’t know if you can begin the second quest after doing the cargo quest though, ever since the second quest was added(quite recently) people obviously started doing the second quest.

But…that is also because the second quest is more interesting, doesn’t put you on a time limit like the cargo one does, offers more story, and possibly more rewards for a similar amount of effort, basically, just go for the second quest(the second quest can also be different, if I recall correctly there are two different quests you can get there).

Also, about the Gaider’s Mourn option, it requires you to kill all the crew on a friendly ship for a pretty small reward, but for now it’s nearly impossible to actually do this, you would need to use the weakest gun in the game with as little iron as possible to even think about doing it(and no, it’s not related to the bruiser, note that there is also a reward you can get at your lodgings if you do the same to enemy ships(IIRC), but it’s also nearly impossible to do it, so just don’t bother with it).
edited by The Master on 12/18/2016

The regular quest is just bringing cargo back and forth. The first time you have to bring some Brilliant Souls to Mt Palmerston; subsequent times you’re given a thousand echoes and sent to one of several ports to purchase Brilliant Souls and bring them back to London.

The alternate quests can only be done once per captain, and finishing them locks all Blind Bruiser content for the rest of that captain’s run. One quest has you search for the Last Constable hiding away from London, while the other has you search for medicine for the Cheery Man.

[quote=Optimatum]The regular quest is just bringing cargo back and forth. The first time you have to bring some Brilliant Souls to Mt Palmerston; subsequent times you’re given a thousand echoes and sent to one of several ports to purchase Brilliant Souls and bring them back to London.

The alternate quests can only be done once per captain, and finishing them locks all Blind Bruiser content for the rest of that captain’s run. One quest has you search for the Last Constable hiding away from London, while the other has you search for medicine for the Cheery Man.[/quote]

That’s helpful advice. My first death was at the hands of the bruiser, I thought I could return to London for repairs after a doomed search for Polythreme. I was wrong. And then dead.

You can go back to London before finishing your quest, but you have to be lucky. The bruiser only has a chance of taking offense.