Best way to get Library

I was looking around but haven’t found any advice about this. I’m trying to get a personal library, and would like to know which is more efficient: embarking on an scientific expedition, or pursuing a legal case?

And a related question I was wondering about: since I’m not disgraced at the university, is there any use for research notes from expeditions other than the library? I understand the EPA is rather mediocre, and most of the other rewards have little use besides being sold.
edited by Dudebro Pyro on 7/22/2016

Unless you win on the first try, scientific expeditions should be faster.

If you’re taking a long time to get a boat (like me) and are impatient to get a library (like me), then the legal case isn’t TOO bad a grind. The expedition is superior if the option is available though.

As for your other question: not really, no. You can get some unique items for collector’s value if you like.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll embark on an expedition then. I don’t have a boat yet, and even though it’s next on my to-do list I’m planning on gambling with dear Mr. Apples for it, so it might take a while till I get it. Thankfully I have my Shrine to tide me over.

Also, a full library consisting solely of my own personal research! Perhaps not the best for educational value, but second to none for stroking my in-game ego.

Related question: I have my Zubmarine, and getting Library is next thing I wanna do. How do I start that expedition?

Didn’t do the story in a while, but the wiki says that you need to complete the university story and then with some items and qualities you go to your lodging click the &quotfind new stories:chat with the local gossip and then check the watchful path.

Didn’t do the story in a while, but the wiki says that you need to complete the university story and then with some items and qualities you go to your lodging click the &quotfind new stories:chat with the local gossip and then check the watchful path.[/quote]
sighs Oh, well, then. Thank you for the advice. I think I will focus on getting banished from Court and gaining God’s Editors membership first.

Actually IIRC once you’ve finished the university storyline you should get a global gold storylet about a sneering servant from the Dilmun Club. Give him a bunch of items, including some PoSI ones, and you’ll unlock the storylet in your lodgings that lets you prepare for and embark on the expedition

Be sure to enjoy the Term Passing carousel from Featuring in the Tales of the University 5 before advancing to the upper levels of Tales. Also, the library becomes important after reaching level 200 Watchful among with a goat so you can use buccaneering approach on expeditions w/o fear of failure (level 267 Watchful).

are 4 echoes in cryptic clues and 2 actions per try really going to make that much difference? [that’s all you lose on loss, according to both game and wiki.]

I just got the library through the Bazaar side-streets on the first try. Why is the scientific expedition better?

Well, congratulations! Getting it from the Bazaar is more expensive AP and/or Echo wise unless you get very lucky when converting hellish items.

Be sure to enjoy the Term Passing carousel from Featuring in the Tales of the University 5 before advancing to the upper levels of Tales. Also, the library becomes important after reaching level 200 Watchful among with a goat so you can use buccaneering approach on expeditions w/o fear of failure (level 267 Watchful).[/quote]
I am on Tales at 11 already, I took my time with it.

I also feel that assembling it from a Scientific Expedition is a lot more ethical.

I think that making expeditions is way more fun than grinding in Wilmot’s End for legal documents, but that’s me.

Well, congratulations! Getting it from the Bazaar is more expensive AP and/or Echo wise unless you get very lucky when converting hellish items.[/quote]
No- well, yes, but all you lose on loss is 4 echoes in clues, and 2 actions- one of which is the nuisance of a card, but still.

The main reason scientific expeditions are better is there aren’t a lot of good uses for the journals, and you can get a lot of them just by exploring islands, or even just zee. It’s also an interesting grind as opposed to a dull one, which is always nice.
edited by Grenem on 7/23/2016