Best way to get incendiary gossip?

WATCHFUL 57 +9
SHADOWY 35
DANGEROUS 31 -1
PERSUASIVE 31 +8

I’m trying to go about getting incendiary gossip. What’s a viable method of doing this? It seems all the suggestions\guides I’ve seen are in places beyond my reach.

Generally 50 pence items I’ve found are easiest to get with horizontal conversions from other 50 pence items.

Although that only works if you have 50 of one type to start of the conversion chain.

[quote=WormApotheote]Generally 50 pence items I’ve found are easiest to get with horizontal conversions from other 50 pence items.

Although that only works if you have 50 of one type to start of the conversion chain.[/quote]
I’d be willing to do any kind of &quotconversion&quot, but I’m having trouble locating an optimal method of even farming for the ones previously in the chain.

Well horizontal conversion wouldn’t be previous ones on the chain, it’d be any other 50 pence item (they’re listed here: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Items_(Guide) )

I believe also a number of the connected pets (eg the Grubby Kitten) can give Incendiary Gossip from their card, but it’s not repeatable easily since it’s a card. I don’t remember anything else that’s easy at low levels.

If you’ve got a lot of (or a good source for) a lower value item you can convert up and then do the sideways conversions. Of course the closer the item is on the loop the fewer actions it will take.

The most efficient way is only open to those who are willing to advance the Liberation of Night, and it consists of drawing cards in the Flit to trade favours with the Revolutionaries, and then converting all that Proscribed Material to Inklings of Identity and then to Incendiary Gossip.

EDIT: Though you need Shadowy 50 to Gain access to the Flit, so maybe get a few +5 items, or use a mood card to get Cool as Ice?

edited by Gillsing on 10/14/2014

You also need connected: revolutionaries at 15 for that, in case you’re trying =)

If you have a dazed raven advisor and 25 rostygold, you could also try asking for advice on the A kindness of ravens card
edited by Aximillio on 10/14/2014

[quote=RpTheHotrod][quote=WormApotheote]Generally 50 pence items I’ve found are easiest to get with horizontal conversions from other 50 pence items.

Although that only works if you have 50 of one type to start of the conversion chain.[/quote]
I’d be willing to do any kind of &quotconversion&quot, but I’m having trouble locating an optimal method of even farming for the ones previously in the chain.[/quote]

i don’t think that’s the idea.

for example, i want some visions of the surface but i don’t have lower-tier items of that type for converting. however i always accumulate a large bunk of whispered and cryptic secrets, so i up-convert those to say… tales of terror. THEN i 50:51 convert those tales until they &quotarrive&quot at visions of the surface.

It also may be worth it to hold on to inklings of identity since you need 300 to make a book of hidden bodies, which is mostly down to luck if you can get it from other sources, and is necessary for starting the scientific expedition storyline. (plus joining the partheneum and acquiring a Laundau, if those are your thing.)

And they’re kind of a pain to get in large quantities since unlike Incendiary Gossip you can’t convert sideways for them.

Whereas Cryptic Clues are found basically everywhere and you can go Clues > Appalling Secrets > Journals of Infamy > Correspondance Plaques > Visions of the Surface > Mysteries of the Elder Continent > Incendiary Gossip.

I tried the horizontal conversions at that level.
Most of them are locked, might still be locked where I am at, with twice the stats. Some are easy, side out of souls is just some low level connected hell… others seem more difficult.

I was looking for mysteries… and maybe I was an idiot, but it just was not happening.
edited by ICountFrom0 on 10/16/2014

I’m pretty sure horizontal conversions have no criteria beyond 50 of the item?

(vertical conversions usually require some small amount of connections, or possibly a bit larger at higher levels)

Correct. I think it’s a 20 cp- loss at the highest conversation. For Maniac’s prayers the non-bulk option also requires Scholar of the Correspondence, if I remember correctly.

[quote=&quotMany&quot Chin][quote=RpTheHotrod][quote=WormApotheote]Generally 50 pence items I’ve found are easiest to get with horizontal conversions from other 50 pence items.

I’d be willing to do any kind of &quotconversion&quot, but I’m having trouble locating an optimal method of even farming for the ones previously in the chain.[/quote]

i don’t think that’s the idea.

for example, i want some visions of the surface but i don’t have lower-tier items of that type for converting. however i always accumulate a large bunk of whispered and cryptic secrets, so i up-convert those to say… tales of terror. THEN i 50:51 convert those tales until they &quotarrive&quot at visions of the surface.[/quote]

I know it was just an example, but in this particular instance you would want to convert to Journals of Infamy instead. It’s a much shorter path, only two actions away from Visions of the Surface.