Best way to gain benthic connections

As a former exile from the university, there are very few sources of benthic connections. this is a shame, as i am hoping to grind MW by upcrafting my… what was the number again? oh, yes, 3000 out of 4000 journals of infamy, into extrodinary implications, which’ll turn into uncanny incubatum. What method is most effective for gathering connected:benthic quickly?
edited by Grenem on 12/5/2015

Purchasing a University Fellowship from the Bazaar will allow you to use abominable salts to increase your reputation with both schools, ‘A colleague with a problem’ at the University also, haven’t the foggiest idea which is faster. The latter also gets you 40 cryptic clues every turn which is tasty.
edited by Hobnail on 12/5/2015

You really can’t beat 5 CP (both school) + 40 Clues / per action by helping colleagues at the University.

The Fellowship option is 75 CP (one school) / 3 actions, but it also cost 15 Abominable Salt. You can’t earn Salt directly, so you either have to convert it from Candles (which already lacks an efficient source) or spend 3 Echoes.

A more efficient way to get Incunabulum is to grab a lot of Tales of Terror, converting them into Extraordinary Implications (using up Summerset), THEN convert them into Uncanny Incunabulum (this cost Benthic).

Aye I’ve been stealing Tales of Terror in the Flit and converting them for those bloody bastard Enigmas

You really can’t beat 5 CP (both school) + 40 Clues / per action by helping colleagues at the University.

The Fellowship option is 75 CP (one school) / 3 actions, but it also cost 15 Abominable Salt. You can’t earn Salt directly, so you either have to convert it from Candles (which already lacks an efficient source) or spend 3 Echoes.

A more efficient way to get Incunabulum is to grab a lot of Tales of Terror, converting them into Extraordinary Implications (using up Summerset), THEN convert them into Uncanny Incunabulum (this cost Benthic).[/quote]
I’m not doing any of the grinds, and i have money to burn. 1.5 echoes in salt isn’t that much.

I already have 3982 journals of infamy from my newspaper, and while i’m saving some to turn into storm-threnodies, i don’t think i’ll be able to use them all, and make another 162 storm threnodies for buckets, even if i had that many night-whispers. (I already have enough for ~18 urchin pails, don’t think i can use that many more, even if i do draw it fast enough. Plus, it gets prohibitively expensive to get two tears from a single nadir trip, at 10 pails as opposed to the otherwise availible 3/2.5. Even assuming snow hits this week, i can’t use more than 3x4+2.5x5 pails, assuming optimal nadir luck, and i’ll get 5 free this season, if lacre falls at all. Sure, I’ll probably buy them if i can, but i’m not going to hold onto enough to make 41 buckets of lacre.)

So, it’s sell or upcraft. I’m choosing upcraft, at least for now. Though now that i’ve noticed they don’t return MW, i think i’ll upcraft them all to infamy then upcraft from there when i’m done with the batch and need MW.

Thanks for the info!

Just a reminder: upcrafing Journals can give Storm-Threnodies on rare success.