Best Statue of Ealing Garden

What’s the best statue to build in Ealing Gardens? I’d assume someone has already done all the maths and factored the practicality of each option.

I think the statue built in my image is the best because I’m the only member of this dysfunction junction of a company who deserves it. I. ME. I BUILT THIS RAILWAY. I PAID EXTRA TO SECRETLY OWN HALF THE COMPANY.

If the other board members thought they deserved a statue, maybe THEY should have been the ones to build enough skeletons to give a necrophilliac a wet dream because there’s only one man who sells bessemer steel ingots and he is apparently too good for my money. Maybe THEY should have been the ones to ROB MR. IRON FROM PARABOLA because those are our two options to get our bloody steel. Maybe THEY should have fed our workers with literally anything other than especially stale biscuits, a rat sausage with incredibly specific requirements and only the absolute worst of Mrs. Plenty’s bottom of the barrel pies because god forbid you even DREAM of going to Mutton Island and buying the real thing fresh from the kitchens even if you literally know where it is. I swear, Mr. Fires must have laid down some law against giving workers a certain quality of food because I refuse to believe His Amused Lordship is too impoverished to singlehandedly supply food indefinitely, so the natural conclusion is the Mastesr are banning him because his food’s too good for their prole bellies.

And on top of everything I was the one who personally solved A CORRESPONDENCE-INDUCED BREAK IN REALITY, a field full of horrible not-snakes, a strategically timed strike and tanked READING THE DISCORDANCE all for the sake of keeping this railway going.

I don’t know the math, and I couldn’t care less about it. Because everyone else is just sitting around waiting for the money to roll in and then whining about their personal agendas, while I’m out there actually getting work done.

Does anyone else not like how bright “accepted answer” posts are?

Yeah, it’s not great. It is possible to change it with custom CSS, I believe, but I’m not code-y enough to advise you in that regard.

File: aspnetforum.css
Line 83: .forumcontent .acceptedAnswer td {background-color:#EBFFE9;}

That line needs to be changed for another background color. Preferable on the server.

Does anyone not not like it? For me the more annoying part is how terrible the contrast of the text against the bright background is. It would be significantly less bad if the text was just made darker.

For Ealing Garden, I haven’t chosen yet but I’m leaning towards the Rubbey Entrepreneur (once I get him) just because it’s really easy to accrue Rubbery favors while out in the Gardens (assuming you have a boost to Chess & no suspicion) and the amber you get can be used for skeleton work.

Also, while I’m not entirely sure of his general agendas, I see it as a conciliatory prize following his efforts to get elected mayor.

Truthfully, I would rather do a Statue of Sinning Jenny because, well, &quota glimpse of bronze ankles.&quot

edited by Owen Wulf on 8/17/2020

I think the statue built in my image is the best because I’m the only member of this dysfunction junction of a company who deserves it. I. ME. I BUILT THIS RAILWAY. I PAID EXTRA TO SECRETLY OWN HALF THE COMPANY.

If the other board members thought they deserved a statue, maybe THEY should have been the ones to build enough skeletons to give a necrophilliac a wet dream because there’s only one man who sells bessemer steel ingots and he is apparently too good for my money. Maybe THEY should have been the ones to ROB MR. IRON FROM PARABOLA because those are our two options to get our bloody steel. Maybe THEY should have fed our workers with literally anything other than especially stale biscuits, a rat sausage with incredibly specific requirements and only the absolute worst of Mrs. Plenty’s bottom of the barrel pies because god forbid you even DREAM of going to Mutton Island and buying the real thing fresh from the kitchens even if you literally know where it is. I swear, Mr. Fires must have laid down some law against giving workers a certain quality of food because I refuse to believe His Amused Lordship is too impoverished to singlehandedly supply food indefinitely, so the natural conclusion is the Mastesr are banning him because his food’s too good for their prole bellies.

And on top of everything I was the one who personally solved A CORRESPONDENCE-INDUCED BREAK IN REALITY, a field full of horrible not-snakes, a strategically timed strike and tanked READING THE DISCORDANCE all for the sake of keeping this railway going.

I don’t know the math, and I couldn’t care less about it. Because everyone else is just sitting around waiting for the money to roll in and then whining about their personal agendas, while I’m out there actually getting work done.[/quote]
I have to quote reply because I honestly could not read it as an &quotaccepted answer&quot. Which makes the whole category pointless imho.

Edit: Having actually been able to read the comment I now concur: this is the best answer.
edited by Julius de Poisson on 8/18/2020

[quote=Julius de Poisson]

I have to quote reply because I honestly could not read it as an &quotaccepted answer&quot. Which makes the whole category pointless imho.[/quote]

Another option would be selecting the whole text. that usually isn’t pretty, but should be easier readable than it is right now.

[quote=Judaspriester][quote=Julius de Poisson]

I have to quote reply because I honestly could not read it as an &quotaccepted answer&quot. Which makes the whole category pointless imho.[/quote]

Another option would be selecting the whole text. that usually isn’t pretty, but should be easier readable than it is right now.[/quote]
Tried that. Didn’t improve readability for me.

For those having issues reading the &quotAccepted Answer&quot posts, just use a few lines of CSS to fix it. Here’s the info:

https://community.failbettergames.com/topic6330-forum-usability-tweak-make-best-answer-readable.aspx