Best place for getting Romantic Notions?

Hello, I am almost going to become a POSI, and need to get the fancy home. But I think wasted all of my Romantic Notions on something. How do I get more without spending all of my echoes on Honey? I heard going to Polythreme is helpful, but I don’t think I have the proper requirements to go there yet. I have unlocked every area minus Mahogany Hall. I could really use help, because I feel like I am just running around in circles at this point.

You can get a one-time ticket to Polythreme for 150 Map Scraps, and it is a good place to collect them. I don’t know what other good options are. Some social actions give them out.

This is actually something that was on my mind as well. High-tier items can be cross-traded to turn most anything into most anything, but Romantic Notions are unfortunately below the threshold. Thus, the only way to get them is directly, or by converting honey. You can buy honey, but for the 2500 you need to convert to 500 Notions, you’re looking at 10,000 pence or 100 Echoes.

Wish I had the answers. In lieu of them, I offer my math homework.

I don’t have a better solution other than a very slow grind through cards or visiting Polythreme by tramp steamer from the Wolfstack Docks. However, I will point out that you don’t need to have that particular home to advance towards becoming a Person of Some Importance. There are four different cards that will move things forward. Some other options include having any of the four card lodgings or having Renown 10 with combinations of several factions.

You can farm honey and upconvert; I think that’s what most people tend to do. You also have this option from Devices and desire card, but the best is the ending of the The Marriage of Feducci (40 FATE) which unlocks an option for 15 RN per AP.

Make sure the wedding is a success to get this option

If you have lots of Wine (Greyfields 1879 if I remember right, the one you cannot convert in your inventory)
You can convert those in Veilgarden’s Honeydens 50 wine --> 40 honey.
Which you can convert to Romantic Notions.
50 honey --> 10 RN
500 RN needs 2500 honey, which requires 3150 Greyfields 1879. And a total of 113 AP if I’m counting correctly.
This totals about 1 day worth of AP if you spend it all on only converting (assuming you already have the required amount of Wine)
edited by Honeyaddict on 8/6/2018

&quotDoing the decent thing&quot requires PoSI status, which the OP said they’re still working towards. Instead, if you have access to the Empress’ Court, try &quotDiscuss philosophy whilst taking the air&quot under Life of the Mind. It’s free (unlike wine conversion) and can be done as a non-PoSI.
edited by MrUnderhill89 on 8/6/2018

[quote=MrUnderhill89]
Doing the decent thing&quot requires PoSI status, which the OP said they’re still working towards. Instead, if you have access to the Empress’ Court, try &quotDiscuss philosophy whilst taking the air&quot under Life of the Mind. It’s free (unlike wine conversion) and can be done as a non-PoSI.
edited by MrUnderhill89 on 8/6/2018[/quote]

If you use this (more efficient) manner you’ll only need about 103 action points instead of 113

Of note, if you are able/willing to pay Fate, the best way to grind Romantic Notions becomes available if you buy The Marriage of Feducci and help the couple go through with the marriage as opposed to disrupting it.

The story costs 35 Fate, is available on the Fate tab to non-POSIs as well and doesn’t take too much time to finish. If you go this route and wish to achieve the ending which gives you a way to grind 15 Romantic Notions per action, I suggest you peruse the thread dealing with this Fate-locked story, as it is possible (though currently not that likely if you are paying attention) to accidently sabotage the wedding even if you don’t want to do so.