Benefits and Drawbacks of Selling your Soul

There’s a City Vices card called What profit? that shows up if you have your Soul and Connected: Hell 5.

Yes, it requires the Soul Trade.

The Capering Reliker just showed up, and offered me back my soul… Pity that he did not have it. At least it got me a large number of other Souls.

Could you tell me what you get for the &quotAttend a Lecture on Spiritual Hygiene&quot option?

Thank you very much.
Ysrthgrathe

If I recall correctly you can choose one of four options, including a Dreadful Surmise or Cantigaster Venom (+12 Dangerous Weapon). I don’t recall what the other two were, but they’re all worth 312.50 echoes.

The other two are ray-drenched cider, and intriguer’s compendium

Just sold my soul to the hallowmas devil. If anyone’s interested you can check it out in my journal.

I’m rather against selling my soul on general principle (would be a bit embarrassing what with being such an upstanding member of the CVR), but might consider doing so to upgrade to a sanctum in the Brass Embassy when Christmas rolls around (of course I don’t have the guest room yet, so that’s getting a bit ahead of one’s self). If I were to sell, I’d like get a good price for it through the Hallowmas option. If I pay the fate for it, do I get a storylet or something I can use later in December, or do I have to use it before the Hallowmas season ends?

Alternatively, I suppose I could try to sell on one of the ‘serious offer’ cards just they’ll finally stop pestering me and clogging up my deck.

Paying the fate sends you to a storylet where you choose which reward you recieve. Backing out almost certainly loses the opportunity. If you do sell your soul though non-intimate means, those devils will return when you regain your soul.

Thanks. I suppose I’ll pass on selling for now.

Note that the Dreadful Surmise and Intriguer’s Compendium are both high-level Spirit of Hallowmas rewards, and any of the four items can be obtained at Sacksmas for a little fate but no soul-selling. Therefore I would not recommend selling your soul now to get an item for collecting purposes; it’s primarily worth it monetarily.