Bazaar Entanglement (spoilery)

I’ve looked through the threads on Professions, and there’s a good amount of discussion about the connection between the Tier 4s and the Bazaar. Some seem definitively entangled:

Licentiate is theoretically hired by them directly. (Bazaar Permits for payment)
Correspondent writes in their language, and seems a little bit… unhinged by it.
Midnighter in general is a valuable piece in the Game, which is played by the Masters.

It doesn’t seem clear where the connection is with the others, though. Each profession is associated with one of the colours, which isn’t exactly encouraging, but I’d love to hear anyone else’s ideas on how the Bazaar has entangled the Crooked-Cross, Monster-Hunter and Glassman.
edited by fleece on 6/5/2014

[quote=fleece]It doesn’t seem clear where the connection is with the others, though. Each profession is associated with one of the colours, which isn’t exactly encouraging, but I’d love to hear anyone else’s ideas on how the Bazaar has entangled the Crooked-Cross, Monster-Hunter and Glassman.
edited by fleece on 6/5/2014[/quote]

In Fallen London, Crooked-Cross entangles you*.
*the Bazaar.

My personal theory is that the Bazaar is attempting to make extraordinary individuals so the love stories involving them are more interesting and notable. My other, probably unfounded theory is that the Bazaar wants to guide individuals into legend for the purpose of personally courting them. Sort of a win/win situation for the Bazaar if my courtship theory is actually correct.

Not sure about the others, but the Glassman’s weekly payment is partly made of books seized by the Ministry for Public Decency, which is controlled by Mr. Pages. So in that case, it seems like Glassmen learn their trade from (or are rewarded for it by) the masters.