Auster

Who or what is it?
edited by IgnatuStone on 10/4/2016

A roman god of southern wind. Not sure how it’s relevant. (Wax wind maybe?)

Edit: he was known for bringing storms…
edited by suinicide on 10/4/2016

OK, that makes a lot of sense. Auster Keeps appearing in my dreams of thunder.

But is auster a force only in dreams, or does storm have a lesser creature serving it, like the bazaar and it’s masters.

The names were Zeus, Indra, Perun and Thor. The names were Xolotl, Lei Gong, Set and Adad. What skulls did they inhabit? How many minds do I share?

I think we should understand Storm to be behind all wind-related gods humanity has invented during the last 4,000 years or so (since the Bazaar came to Earth). He speaks to people in dreams - whether for fun or other reasons, we don’t know. But I don’t think he ever wielded any physical power on or under the Earth… except for dropping the odd stalactite on somebody’s house maybe ;)

[quote=phryne]The names were Zeus, Indra, Perun and Thor. The names were Xolotl, Lei Gong, Set and Adad. What skulls did they inhabit? How many minds do I share?

I think we should understand Storm to be behind all wind-related gods humanity has invented during the last 4,000 years or so (since the Bazaar came to Earth). He speaks to people in dreams - whether for fun or other reasons, we don’t know. But I don’t think he ever wielded any physical power on or under the Earth… except for dropping the odd stalactite on somebody’s house maybe ;)[/quote]
I’m pretty sure that was Vavak using Mr Fires’ bell.

Auster is specifically the wind that blows from the south towards the north in Roman mythology. That’s why it is relevant to dreams of north.

It is the aspect of Storm that would fill the sails of a sailing ship and make it possible for it to go north.

[quote=Infinity Simulacrum][quote=phryne]The names were Zeus, Indra, Perun and Thor. The names were Xolotl, Lei Gong, Set and Adad. What skulls did they inhabit? How many minds do I share?

I think we should understand Storm to be behind all wind-related gods humanity has invented during the last 4,000 years or so (since the Bazaar came to Earth). He speaks to people in dreams - whether for fun or other reasons, we don’t know. But I don’t think he ever wielded any physical power on or under the Earth… except for dropping the odd stalactite on somebody’s house maybe ;)[/quote]
I’m pretty sure that was Vavak using Mr Fires’ bell.[/quote]

I am most saddened to inform you that I, currently, do not personally possess such a bell. In fact, I, currently, do not know about any stalactite-dropping bells and I will proceed to inform you that the house on Childcake Street was naught but a lucky coincidence!