Attending to the needs of singular plant?

I drew this card recently, and just now, it happened again…can’t help but feel a bit nervous about it, thoughf…without any spoilers, do I have any reason to be afraid, or it’s just the paranoia caused by a little too much wine?

Without spoiling much, the Plant is only helpful towards you (especially if you fail at certain points along a specific Ambition). However, tending to a single plant is harder than it might seem and as it grows so does its hunger.

Eventually you can enter your plant in a tournament! Its quite…something.

Well, in that case, I shall proceed with feeding it, and we’ll see what happens. Thank you very much!

It’s not exactly profitable, though. It’s not a bad way to spend time, but it’s just not that useful.

Once the feeding price started getting to the over 2 Echoes mark I decided to stop. Don’t really need the plant at this point since I won’t get buried alive any time soon.

However, I understand that maxing out your plant stops those cards from cluttering you deck. So that’s another reason to do it.

Yes, but it’s spending what i consider to be a modest sum in echoes and actions, as well as increasing the number of cards in your deck until you’re done, to get rid of one card. [Because if you sell your plant and pointedly avoid starting the climb, there’s only one plant card]

Having a plant is necessary for a unique item though, so completionism yet again requires horrendous sacrifice.

(How horrendous are the sacrifices completionism demands? Well I just halved my SotC beginning Seeking, so…)

[quote=Optimatum]Having a plant is necessary for a unique item though, so completionism yet again requires horrendous sacrifice.

(How horrendous are the sacrifices completionism demands? Well I just halved my SotC beginning Seeking, so…)[/quote]
Well, i did it for optimization reasons- once you hit the max level you lose that one card- but it feels a little like an overkill. Isn’t the item you’re talking about- oh, wait, the cryptobotanical rosette?

Yep, that one. The one that’s a pain in the neck to get. Why back in the day* I had to climb the whole tournament ladder SIX TIMES for one rosette…

*Read: like two weeks ago when I finally got it

After a while, you just end up with random people trying to pick fights with your plant - so if you’re maintaining it, you’ll get that Rosette without too much effort on your part.
(Well, that’s been my experience anyway. I started selling rosettes for 0.50 Echoes, because I only really needed the one of them.)

what value of the related quality do we have to have to engage in the lilies tournament?

I’m pretty sure its 10.

You can start participating at 10. And you can raise the quality up to 19 (at which point the plant related cards stop appearing).

Well, I sold it at the end. It started showing up too often, and I needed to free up my hand for other cards

Ive been floundering between 6 and 8 for ages!