Attending a party in Veilgarden

After snubbing invitations for a while, I did attend a party in Veilgarden again. This time, and with the knife and candle advantage, I managed to increase my talk of the town to 11… But I have never gotten it to 12. Does someone have a tip for me?

The Talk of Town you get in one party it will stay for the next one. It is quite difficult to make it up to 12 in just one visit, just be patient.

Ah, I didn’t realize it stayed, and now I’ve cashed it in. Well, I’ll know for next time, thanks.

Also, whatever you have over 12 when you cash in, it will remain for the next cycle. I have become quite fond of these parties. I normally keep the card in the hand until there are one or two more I want to discard and then attend, renewing my hand.

didn’t realise talk of the town can be kept. thanks! the crad rarely shows up for me though.

It’s very action-echo inefficient, but I would recommend going a few times. It’s still fun.

I love going to the party, regardless of how much talk of the town I have. It’s one of my favorite storylets and I always make a point not to leave until I get the Nibbles Tray opportunity card. Even though my Hedonist quality is high enough that I no longer gain anything from it, it seems very fitting in character. Madame la Coil has a notorious sweet tooth, and she really must pay more attention to the warning in the title of the austere option. ;P

I like the parties too–it’s the sort of thing my character loves to do, being a bit of a social butterfly, so even if you don’t get that much out of it, it’s good fun.

You seem to be referring to some way of extending the party once you’re there (as in the Pickpocket’s Promenade, for example)? I wasn’t aware such an option existed. I thought that you had six points of Time Remaining, and once they ran out that was it.
edited by hwoosh on 3/14/2014

[quote=hwoosh]You seem to be referring to some way of extending the party once you’re there (as in the Pickpocket’s Promenade, for example)? I wasn’t aware such an option existed. I thought that you had six points of Time Remaining, and once they ran out that was it.
edited by hwoosh on 3/14/2014[/quote]

You do, but you can just wait until cards come up to use the Time Remaining. Sometimes I try to meet the deviless outside on the street before starting the rest at all (though I do like dancing with the Pretty Young Thing)…

i personally just hate talking to that old veteran ever since he choked on some pudding or whatever, and i missed the end of the party while trying to save his stinky little bottom.

[quote=æsc ][quote=hwoosh]You seem to be referring to some way of extending the party once you’re there (as in the Pickpocket’s Promenade, for example)? I wasn’t aware such an option existed. I thought that you had six points of Time Remaining, and once they ran out that was it.

You do, but you can just wait until cards come up to use the Time Remaining. Sometimes I try to meet the deviless outside on the street before starting the rest at all (though I do like dancing with the Pretty Young Thing)…[/quote]

[li]

Oh, certainly. If you have a five-card Lodgings, in fact, you can have your choice of all five cards (excluding the Nibbles Tray) at once, which is rather convenient. But there’s no way of discarding cards you don’t want or extending your stay, correct?

[quote=hwoosh][quote=æsc ][quote=hwoosh]You seem to be referring to some way of extending the party once you’re there (as in the Pickpocket’s Promenade, for example)? I wasn’t aware such an option existed. I thought that you had six points of Time Remaining, and once they ran out that was it.

You do, but you can just wait until cards come up to use the Time Remaining. Sometimes I try to meet the deviless outside on the street before starting the rest at all (though I do like dancing with the Pretty Young Thing)…[/quote]

[li]

Oh, certainly. If you have a five-card Lodgings, in fact, you can have your choice of all five cards (excluding the Nibbles Tray) at once, which is rather convenient. But there’s no way of discarding cards you don’t want or extending your stay, correct?[/quote]
No and yes. Yes there is no way of extending your stay, but cards can be discarded per usual during the party. I had to wait a few days for the party invitation to come around again for me to confirm this.[/li][li]