Are there plans for a Varchas expansion?

Varchas is one of my favorite parts of the game, given all the things there are to do in the city and how detailed the writing is compared to most other ports. However, it has a very unsatisfying conclusion in the form of turning into a place that’s only function is to give you a single tale of terror when you visit. The game also tells you that more options will become available to you if you trigger the pilgrimage, this is not true at all. It’s much more akin to giving the alarming scholar 7 searing enigmas, as witnessing the pilgrimage will permanently lock the city out in exchange for 2 secrets, one iron or pages, 7/8 memories of distant shores or a tale of terror, and a searing enigma.

Considering the extreme amount of value you can get out of trading scintillack and especially blue scintillack there, this may be very undesirable and functionally be a beginner’s trap.

I would have preferred this to the Pigmote Isle expansion…

I like the new content there, but what it replaced was very very useful.

[quote=HelenDamnation]I would have preferred this to the Pigmote Isle expansion…

I like the new content there, but what it replaced was very very useful.[/quote]
What happened? Did they change the supplies you could get from it?

A whole Elder Continent DLC would be amazing. Seeing the entire interior of the southern region would be so cool. But yes, if any port could be expanded on the southern edge, my vote would definitely be for Varchas. By far and away it’s the best story down there, if not in the whole game imo!

I kept on making the long trip to ruined Varchas hoping for a glimpse of the cosmogene that’s mentioned at some point. A rare-ish SAY option would be nice even if a full expansion isn’t happening.