Archaeologist help

Hi!

I am in the Forgotten Quarter and am trying to reach Archaeologist 2 (currently at Archaeologist 1). I’ve read that you need to complete &quotLearn the Traditions of the Forgotten Quarter&quot twice to do this. So far I’ve done it once then needed more Whispered Hints before I could do it a second time. I now have >1000 Whispered Hints, >250 Cryptic Clues, >1 Tales of Terror etc. However the Learn the Traditions of the Forgotten Quarter storylet still isn’t showing up. What should I do?

I do have 3 Eyeless Skulls, would this have anything to do with it as they seem to have further implications in the game than just appearing in my inventory.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have read other messages on here about this but am still stuck.

I thought you had to do expeditions in the Forgotten Quarter to increase archaeologist.

Thats what I thought as well, or at least that is a way you can increase it to two.

You do expeditions in the Forgotten quarter to increase it past 1, the Thief’s cache gives 1 change point and the shrine of the blue Heaven gives 2 change points in the quality, note that even if it doesn’t say how many change points you gained you still get them.

[quote=The Master]You do expeditions in the Forgotten quarter to increase it past 1, the Thief’s cache gives 1 change point and the shrine of the blue Heaven gives 2 change points in the quality, note that even if it doesn’t say how many change points you gained you still get them.[/quote]This. You can only do Learn the Traditions of the Forgotten Quarter once in your archaeological career, since the storylet disappears with Archaeologist 1 as of mid 2013. Did you read about doing it multiple times in this forum?

Do the expedition to get the Thief’s Cache twice and you get Archeologist 2. Do Shrine of the Deep Blue Heaven twice (or one Cache + one Shrine) and you should be able to get Archeologist 3 and get your Correspondence Stones. I should add that you will need to keep those skulls for a loooong time until you have an actual use for them, which means that, if your hand being cluttered by skull cards is too troublesome, it won’t get better soon. Try to get two more to trade them for a cinder, so you won’t waste them.

Or if your deck gets taken by irrigo before you can get to 5 of them, you can sell them for a very nice amount of echoes and a little revolution connections by using it from the inventory(not by selling it to the Bazaar, not really worth it like that).

edit:I meant that it will cost you a little revolutionary connections, not that it will give them to you(if I did get it incorrectly now correct me please).
edited by The Master on 6/30/2016

It’s definitely not worth it from a strict economic perspective. But it’s worth it if you don’t want to help progress a certain terrible plan by the Revolutionaries.

If I happen to have such a skull, I only sell it directly to the Bazaar, even if it’s for half the price the Revolutionaries pay.

Yes I did which is why I thought I needed to do it twice.

Thanks!

Since we are on topic…I’ve just descended into Tomb with 36 of crates of Supplies and Watchful 84 augmented. Just how screwed am I? XD

10 out of 10, there is no power that can save you now.

10 out of 10, there is no power that can save you now.[/quote]
Oh, boy

Actually, you aren’t. You’ll have to take a ton of actions but if you use the Cautious Approach and NEVER pick anything else you shouldn’t pick up any Rival’s progress. You’re 100% for that method .

Yeah, I know that now, I became SoTC (hurray!). It was close, though. Got Rival’s Progress to 8 before I managed to do it
Anyway, now that I am at University, I am confused. Do I have to build up Passing term, or I can go found the Department right away?
edited by BlabberingMat on 7/1/2016

[quote=BlabberingMat]Yeah, I know that know, I became SoTC (hurray!). It was close, though. Got Rival’s Progress to 8 before I managed to do it
Anyway, now that I am at University, I am confused. Do I have to build up Passing term, or I can go found the Department right away?[/quote]

As I remember you can just start the story for the department any time, but the &quotpassing term&quot is something you should try before you finish the previously mentioned story because it gets locked when you finish it, sigh.

Building “term passing” gets you some penny and let you investigate a crime every time “term passing” gets at the maximum (I guess it’s 10). If none of these things appease at you, start your Department and your start another circle of term passing (not mandatory either) and another investigation (this time, it’s separate from term passing).

The university is one of the places I regret going through as fast as I did - take heed when the game tells you things will come to an end and be aware of it!

There are lots of different ways to conclude the Guest Lecturer carousel at the University. Personally I would explore them all before moving on to your own department, you never know they might just give you something that is useful One possible end will take your Hedonist above 12 if you care about maxing quirks

I will keep that in mind, thank you all for useful advices! And that is nice, since I indeed want to maximize that particular quirk!If it’s not a problem, can you tell me (in spoiler tags, of course!) what in particular will give me that boost?