any last minute predictions on our victor?.

[li]presuming you live in the uk then its exactly 1 hour and 48 before the results of the election come through(granted it will probably be several hours after words but im being hypothetical here) so I was wondering if you any of gentle men lady’s and otherwise had any said last minute predictions for our victor?.

personally I think it will either be my candidate fedduci or the detective based on the official polls.

I don’t expect the campaigner to win personaly
despite some of the campaigners more aggressive supporters siphoning of supporters from fedducis side which I feel will just make the detective stronger.

Feducci most likely. But even though I’m voting for him, I’d also be happy if he lost, just because I want to see if he would move out of Blythenhale peacefully without any Incidents, or would it be more like a forceful removal escalating into siege.

I will be cheering for Feducci, to the bitter end.

I also doubt in Campaigner’s victory. She had almost no presence in the game, while Feducci and Detective are very prominent characters.

Realistically, I am not as sure of Feducci’s victory as I was a week ago. He had a lot of bad press, and there was a concentrated effort to prevent his victory.

If the Detective won, I would certainly appreciate the poetic justice of it. Based on this forum, there was a lot of shouting from Feducci and DTC, with comperatively no representation from the Detective. This would only prove that sometimes, you just need to lay low and get things done, while the hot-heads yell at each other.

The Bishop of Southwark- oh right… I figure the best case scenario is that we get the Detective.

I think anything could happen, with one exception: no one will win an outright majority.

such pessimism ;) and here I am already halfway through the bottle of pre-ordered celebratory champagne

My bet’s on Feducci, with a slight majority.

“To the bitter end” means rather “to the very end, regardless of outcome”, not “to the moment of defeat”. This idiom, if I recall correctly, had something to do with knots at the ends of ropes used on ships. I still think that Feducci will win.
However, I’ve got to say, regardless of the winner, this election will leave somewhat of a bitter aftertaste, at least for me. There was no perfect candidate, and I chose Feducci as my candidate because, hey, none of them will fix London, but at least he promised to give everyone a chance to rise to the top. A slim chance, but still.

Majority or plurality? A Majority is 50% + 1 and I’d be very surprised if anyone managed that.

Do we know at what time exactly the results will be released?

huh, one learns something new every day. thanks for explanation! I was worried the Campaigner’s campaigners managed to shake your belief in victory. Which reminds me- regardless of the election outcome, sincere congratulations, DTC supporters. You were as dauntless as your candidate. These bribes almost swayed me for a second there ;)

If you want honest government you have to be willing to pay for it.

Probably around the morning to afternoon; nothing ends at midnight in this game.

A majority. It’s a bit less likely that I get any actual winnings, but the odds are fantastic.
edited by Curious Foreigner on 7/9/2017

A majority. It’s a bit less likely that I get any actual winnings, but the odds are fantastic.[/quote]
A majority would mean Feducci, or any other candidate, getting Sinning Jenny numbers. I just don’t see that happening. Last election I don’t remember anyone who defected from Sinning Jenny.

spitfire makes a really interesting point really while my candidates supports and the campaigners supporters have been practically trying to throttle each other to death.
there hasn’t been a peep out of the detectives outside their own territory (im referring to threads dedicated to the detective in this regard) has there?.

while im backing fedduci for character related reasons I personally actually want the detective to win.
mainly because I feel shed be a really interesting mayor even outside the grand prosecution deal it would be interesting to see how far she got with her singular goal.
also my character would likely clash heavily with her and make things even more interesting for my self.

[quote=crazyroosterman]spitfire makes a really interesting point really while my candidates supports and the campaigners supporters have been practically trying to throttle each other to death.
there hasn’t been a peep out of the detectives outside their own territory (im referring to threads dedicated to the detective in this regard) has there?.

while im backing fedduci for character related reasons I personally actually want the detective to win.
mainly because I feel shed be a really interesting mayor even outside the grand prosecution deal it would be interesting to see how far she got with her singular goal.
also my character would likely clash heavily with her and make things even more interesting for my self.[/quote]
Speaking of your character, Anne has finally shown up to try and convince him to switch sides.

A majority. It’s a bit less likely that I get any actual winnings, but the odds are fantastic.[/quote]
A majority would mean Feducci, or any other candidate, getting Sinning Jenny numbers. I just don’t see that happening. Last election I don’t remember anyone who defected from Sinning Jenny.[/quote] yes I was looking at the candidate revel threads for the last election and I can see how jenny managed to win so easily.
considering all the things she had going for her the reveal that she was pushing away one of the few things you could imagine putting people off didn’t help I imagine.
also one of her opponents was a bumbling fool and the other got taken over by the council(which would have been a plus for zorgan had he been around at the time) which would have been a put of for a lot of people I imagine.

its almost like fail better learned from their mistakes and tried something this time aint it?.

[li]

My bet’s on Feducci getting a majority because the bookies are giving great odds for it. Meaning it is unlikely to actually happen, but if it does, I’m getting a big payout.