Announcing Firmament

Sounds interesting, looking forward to seeing it all play out.

3 Likes

I think my biggest takeaway is “oh thank god” because 1) this sounds AMAZING but 2) I should be almost done with the railways building by then I think and what a LOVELY way to split my time!!

4 Likes

I suddenly wonder if this’ll do to The Cities That Fell card what Evolution did for The Seekers of the Garden…

6 Likes

I imagine Storm isn’t going to be happy about this

6 Likes

Off topic:

(…wait, there actually is an entity named storm? I thought “praying to storm” was just an expression)

Storm is one of the gods of the Unterzee, with Stone and Salt being the other two. The Mind of a Long-Dead God is Storm.

6 Likes

(really? I always thought about the fathom king as a sort of god of the unterzee. Either way, thanks for the explanation, dude!)

The Fathom King is closer I think to like, an equivalent of The Dutchess. Just some really old dude from one of the first cities as far as I can remember.

There is another slightly lesser zee deity but she mostly only shows up in ES’s. Salt, Stone and Storm were most heavily discussed though, especially in Sunless Sea.

6 Likes

Fascinating! And thank you for explaining that.

Really excited by your excitement for this one. It’s going to be something special I think.

11 Likes

Stone is in fact his sister-in-law, apparently. Through some process or other, he seems to be married to a lornest-fluke. That’s why he’s the way he is now. And somehow the flukes are siblings to Stone. It’s all rather confusing. But anyway he’s got some share of divinity by marriage I guess.

6 Likes

AFAIK the rules for reproduction in the High Wilderness are: literally anything can schtupp anything else with sufficient effort.

And the Bazaar was evidently something of a get around girl before arriving in the Neath according to Slivvy.

“We knew it once. Our ancestor-tribes. We go back farther than anyone knows. Some says the Second City.” (His stutter’s gone.) “But I think we goes back farther than that. I think the Bazaar had other children.

3 Likes

Well you see, the Thief of Faces is another Axile native, so it’s related to the Flukes who are also Axile natives. And the Thief of Faces had a fling with/assaulted (it’s not super clear) Stone, which resulted in the Snuffers and Mount Nomad. Assuming we call whatever relationship Stone and the TOF had a marriage, that makes Stone a sister-in-law to the Flukes, one of whom the Fathomking is married to. So, the Fathomking is Stone’s Brother-in-law-in-law, if I’ve connected the dots correctly.

1 Like

So now they’re launching a sort of allegory to Sunless Skies. Neat. And I still haven’t even touched the railway arc. This is so cool!! And all the other gizmos they’re adding too, it’s gonna be amazing, hear?

3 Likes

Isn’t she mentioned in Evolution too?

I think it’s already special considering that you slightly hinted at this early this year:

Introduce (and land) a new major storyline

3 Likes

Ummm… Maybe? I don’t remember. But she occasionally actually shows up and interacts with you in ES’s.

2 Likes

What’s her name? There’s a good chance I remember, and if I don’t I can always consult the screenshots-i recorded everything.

Lady Black

2 Likes

hamm…no, I can’t seem to remember that. I’ll go check the records later to see.

She most recently featured in The Tale of Old Fritz, and is delightful.

2 Likes