An Update on the FL Site Redesign

[color=#C2B280]We’ve been continuing work this week on the site redesign, and we’d like to share some information with you about where we’re currently up to.

We’ve found that there are some performance issues with the new site (involving gradually accumulating API requests that run indefinitely) that weren’t identified during our internal testing or closed beta, because they’re only really noticeable with a much larger group of places.

We want to fix these before we roll out the redesign again, since they cause some significant issues for our servers and because we think they were the proximate cause of many of the issues last week with branches and quality bonuses from equipment not displaying.

We’re not sure yet exactly how long that will take, because at this point we still don’t have a full understanding of the problem – in the mean time, you’ll still be able to play on the new site at beta.fallenlondon.com, and we’ll let you know more once we’re as confident as we can be with only a smaller pool of beta players that we’ve gotten to the bottom of these issues.

Many thanks to everyone who’s sent us feedback and bug reports so far – we hope you’ll bear with us as we continue to work on this![/color]

Thanks for the update. I really like the new design, and I hope it can start working again soon.

Yes, thanks for the update.

I was previously able to log onto the beta, but now I cannot. I log on to FL via Twitter, and the beta used to take my Twitter info but now gives this error message: &quotWhoa there! The request token for this page is invalid. It may have already been used, or expired because it is too old. Please go back to the site or application that sent you here and try again; it was probably just a mistake.&quot

EDIT: No, I have not changed by Twitter password recently, and the same password that worked on the beta still logs me into FL on the old site.
edited by cathyr19355 on 6/16/2018

[quote=Catherine Raymond]Yes, thanks for the update.

I was previously able to log onto the beta, but now I cannot. I log on to FL via Twitter, and the beta used to take my Twitter info but now gives this error message: &quotWhoa there! The request token for this page is invalid. It may have already been used, or expired because it is too old. Please go back to the site or application that sent you here and try again; it was probably just a mistake.&quot

EDIT: No, I have not changed by Twitter password recently, and the same password that worked on the beta still logs me into FL on the old site.
edited by cathyr19355 on 6/16/2018[/quote]

How about try to log in more? I have similar issues, sometimes the server just does not let me log in. But after repeating a few times it works.

Or did you already try that?

[quote=Catherine Raymond]Yes, thanks for the update.

Same thing is happening to me with one alt that uses Twitter login.

[quote=Kharsirr Lynx][quote=Catherine Raymond]Yes, thanks for the update.

How about try to log in more? I have similar issues, sometimes the server just does not let me log in. But after repeating a few times it works.

Or did you already try that?[/quote]
Already tried that. Several days in a row.

Thank you for the update! Best of luck with it, it is normal for such a project to have hiccups.