Amalgamy

Hi,

I am quite lost. I need bazaar nightsoil to upgrade my lab and make railway steel, and the only source in bulk is to either trade amalgamated skeletons or the 100 echo amber. I have no idea how to make amalgamated skeletons, I don’t have access to flute street, and I just finished grinding my lab up to get railway steel, I really don’t want to have to grind more honey to get the amber. Is there not an easier way to progress the railway?

Also I am a Licensiate.

Well, technically you could sell Viric suits too, but you’d have to buy blank suits first.

The easiest bone with Amalgamy is Albatross wing. YOu’ll have to catch some birds and research the wings out of them.
Humeri and thighbones are found in Upper River excavation, but for that you have to get there first.
Same for Coral skull (found in Jericho) and reshaped bones (Helicon House in Ealings).

Keep in mind: you need a single Amalgamy point to sell the skeleton, for nightsoil you have to maximize echo value only.

Thorned ribcages start with 1 point of amalgamy.

[quote=Jantonaitis]Hi,

I am quite lost. I need bazaar nightsoil to upgrade my lab and make railway steel, and the only source in bulk is to either trade amalgamated skeletons or the 100 echo amber. I have no idea how to make amalgamated skeletons, I don’t have access to flute street, and I just finished grinding my lab up to get railway steel, I really don’t want to have to grind more honey to get the amber. Is there not an easier way to progress the railway?

Also I am a Licensiate.[/quote]

As Aro Saren says, if all you want is Nightsoil then you just need one point of Amalgamy to be able to sell to A Tentacled Servant, the rest is just about getting high value.

Start with a Thorned Ribcage if you can, it’ll give you the point of Amalgamy right off. You can get one from pursuing your Iron-Toothed Terror Bird in Parabola, then searching the undergrowth rather than striking it down.

Otherwise a Human Ribcage is fine - as long as you have at least one Knotted Humerus or Helical Thighbone. You can get Human Ribcages from the Commissioner of Police at the Shuttered Palace for 5 Constables Favour.

Helical Thighbones are found when dredging at Ealing Gardens but the Knotted Humerus is probably your best bet if you haven’t built your railway yet. Get yourself some Survey of the Neath’s Bones via a quick research project in the Lab. Then go sit at Wolfstack until you draw the Bones in the River card and pay 1 survey to get your bone.

The rest of your arms and legs will likely be Human Arms and Unidentified Thigh Bones. If you have Jurassic Thighbones you could use them but they only nominally add value, might be best to keep them for future skeletons that require Antiquity. Try to make sure your skeleton has 2 arms and 2 legs otherwise you’ll end up with a chimera which might make the Shadowy check to sell more difficult.

The best way to quickly add value is to use a Bright Brass Skull, though the success of this will depend on your Mithridacy. Ivory Humeri are also good to increase value, but likewise require a Kataleptic Toxicology check to avoid increasing implausibility. The implausibility might make it more difficult to sell, depending on your Shadowy.

Not sure that being a Licentiate gives you much advantage in this scheme except for an unlimited source of skulls. They don’t add much value to the skeleton but they don’t cost you anything and don’t make selling any more difficult.

Thank you, these are all very useful tips. I had no idea about the wolfstack docks draw.

As a licentiate, could i not just supply my own skeleton, get albatross wings, and to add value, use bright brass skull or ivory? The meticulous student also gives away something that can be used as a skull, does that work?

I am afraid both ideas wont work: the self-provided skeleton for the licentias only need a skull, so you d need a coral skull. And the stuff from the student can only be used to cap of the skull sites, but do not count as actual skulls.

[quote=Jantonaitis]Thank you, these are all very useful tips. I had no idea about the wolfstack docks draw.

As a licentiate, could i not just supply my own skeleton, get albatross wings, and to add value, use bright brass skull or ivory? The meticulous student also gives away something that can be used as a skull, does that work?[/quote]

Four arms will get you an ape (or a monkey if it has a tail). There’s a research project you’ll have to do before you can pass a four-legged skeleton off as a reptile, but that won’t be available to you until later.

Implausibility isn’t the worst thing in the world, though. A difficult shadowy check just means you might have to try a few times and get a few points of suspicion in order to sell your creation.

More like “about a dozen times” and “lots of suspicion, but still not enough to end in jail”.

I admit that I have never tried to sell anything with less than 215+65 Shadowy. :ninja: