Advice on Seeking?

Even without an Exceptional Friendship that level of Watchful sounds completely do-able in six months. I do have EF for my Abs, and am just about stat-capped in all four after almost exactly six months. I figure even without EF I could have easily made 170 by focussing on it.

That’s nice, definitely makes it do-able by fairly new characters.

Maybe I should make some alts, see all the endings.

Okay, yes, it definitely tests your Watchful as modified by gear, not your base Watchful, I’m sorry for the confusion!

(You’ll need the Nadir, too, new players.)

I would note that even Marsh-Mired once a week is no guarantee of progress. Because the various cards are capped as to the level of SMEN you can reach, and these cards are tied to UP. With a UP of 6, I drew the two three times in a row. Since the card must be played, it will reduce your UP and not give you a SMEN point if you are above the cap. So one may have to clog his deck with low-value cards (and not be foolish like me and play them) to earn higher values of SMEN.
Although the warning will be lost on an early player, do NOT carry the Wars of Illusion storyline to the point where you lose the Cats and Bats story in the Flit; there is an option there to easily increase UP with a starveling cat without the need to trade it back and forth with another Seeker.

Oh, I seem to be in error. Bats and Cats has returned to the Flit, and there is now a &quotSeeking&quot option to raise SMEN to 5! Presumably, then, the storylet was pulled to modify it, and I thought it was a result of the Wars of Illusion. Well, that is good news, now one can easily raise UP and hopefully draw a higher card for Marsh-Mired.
edited by Esteban Delgado on 7/9/2016

Oh wow, thanks for your advice everyone! I think that, for now, I might explore Fallen London a little more before I commit - but now I’ll be going in more prepared.

Having messed around with this a bit - don’t even think about it until you have access to the Labyrinth of Tigers, where you can lower UP at will.

(And not just for day trips, but the whole way.)

[quote=Esteban Delgado]I would note that even Marsh-Mired once a week is no guarantee of progress. Because the various cards are capped as to the level of SMEN you can reach, and these cards are tied to UP. With a UP of 6, I drew the two three times in a row. Since the card must be played, it will reduce your UP and not give you a SMEN point if you are above the cap. So one may have to clog his deck with low-value cards (and not be foolish like me and play them) to earn higher values of SMEN.
Although the warning will be lost on an early player, do NOT carry the Wars of Illusion storyline to the point where you lose the Cats and Bats story in the Flit; there is an option there to easily increase UP with a starveling cat without the need to trade it back and forth with another Seeker.

Oh, I seem to be in error. Bats and Cats has returned to the Flit, and there is now a &quotSeeking&quot option to raise SMEN to 5! Presumably, then, the storylet was pulled to modify it, and I thought it was a result of the Wars of Illusion. Well, that is good news, now one can easily raise UP and hopefully draw a higher card for Marsh-Mired.
edited by Esteban Delgado on 7/9/2016[/quote]

Use your savage feline in the Bats and Cats storylet for startup peckish. Then babble about things better left unspoken at the Duchess’ Salon. You can reach peckish 10 without much trouble and get the best black cards. Use the black card and then remove peckish with food from the Labyrinth. Repeat each week.
edited by GeorgeEarlslight on 7/11/2016

This is the right approach, though why go to the Duchess’ salon at all? The option under Bats and Cats gives 3 levels UP, so just click it 3 times and wait for the high level UP cards. (The option at the Duchess’ gives just one point of UP per action, plus lots of menaces).

(And a ship, don’t forget the ship. I’ll do a proper sum-up when I’m done.)

You’re actually quite right!
For some reason I though that the cat could only be used with zero peckish.