Advent Calendar and Christmas Cards!

…I have the strangest feeling that it might be best for me to keep my head down in four days.

Though my assumption is that this particular ‘gift’ is one to all in London, regardless of whether we want it or not.

Am I on the right path? Given last year’s…“gift” on that calendar date, I desperately hope I am wrong. God help us all.

A Torment is marked
The last wick is burning
This journey’s end
No man can now tell

For I’ve always meant,
To go out a-Seeking,
And all manner of things
they shall be well.

On a completely different note, I’m more than happy to exchange Christmas cards!

If it’s like last year you’ll just lose your Free of the Name quality. Nothing too terrible.

That’s just it though. The content is gone. There’s no Name to be free of (per se).

If it’s like last year it’s Eaten-related content. Which doesn’t exist. Right now, that is.

Defanged, no. Barely domesticated? May~be.

[quote=Troper ]…I have the strangest feeling that it might be best for me to keep my head down in four days.

Though my assumption is that this particular ‘gift’ is one to all in London, regardless of whether we want it or not.

[/quote]

it’s true, ratmas is a gift to all. although if you stay indoors a wave of rats may flow over your lodgings, trapping you forever in a ratomb. maybe.

Free of the Name is a quality you get when you quit Seeking the Name. It doesn’t let you seek the Name again, and the only way to be rid of it is to use that access code.

Edit: Yes, Ratmas will affect everyone. Lots of fun. But the code you’ll need to willingly click.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/3/2014

…I realize now that I’ve been going off of a maybe-true source of information (&quotsometime in 2014&quot is completely clear and a great thing to make a guess off of, right? Nailed it. [/sarcasm]). [li]

I simply assumed that since last year we got Eaten-related content (i.e. no longer Free of the Name)…we might again this year. It won’t be a link for Free of the Name, but more of an…announcement to all in London. Maybe.

Honestly, I’m grasping at straws here, and I’ll stop trying to make sense of several kinda-related things. =)[/li][li]
edited by Tempest Troper on 12/3/2014

Also, hooray for Ratmas!

Last year on the 7th there was an access code. If you clicked it you lost your Free of the Name quality, which you get by playing some of the SMEN content and giving up the search. The access code was certainly related to Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name, but I wouldn’t go so far as to call it content. It’s just a gift to people who regretted giving up the search after the Free of the Name quality was introduced (I think it coincided with the Marsh-mired stuff). :)

maybe the rat of glory advent calendar code will be moved to ratmas instead. that would be nice

last i heard Seeking isn’t likely to be back this year anyway. it’d be nice, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up. set stock in rats instead; they are both constant and inevitable.

Rats it is then. So many rats. So many rats. A Rattata for you, a Rattata for you, a Bidoof for you–everyone gets a rat! EDIT: or rat-like creature. Despite Bidoof being a squirrel. [li]

Pachirisu is the squirrel. :) Not sure what Bidoof is. Gopher?

Looking for any Ladies or Gentlemen that [color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]would like to exchange Christmas cards and other social actions.[/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]I already sent a few calling cards and I would be happy to receive any card. Thanks![/color]

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Elvarez

Sara Hysaro A derpy beaver. Or a rat.

I definitely want Urchins running around at Sackmas - they are very enterprising at this time of year :)

I would also love to exchange cards with any fine upstanding individuals out there!

I wouldn’t be opposed to exchanging cards or other things with any of the people here, myself.

I love to trade Christmas cards! In the calling card if you write in role-play I will return in kind!
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/treichle
EDITS to figure out how to put my profile here… :)[li]
edited by treichle on 12/4/2014

I too am looking for friends, old and new, acquaintances, treasured or ambivalent, enemies, perennial as well as reluctant.

I would also like to enjoy the company of other people! Come, let us talk and drink deep of dreams, yes?

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kulim

Well, I’m sort of a sociopath, yet Christmas has its mystery, right? So maybe it’s time to get my very first FL acquaintances to have someone to send cards at very least, 'cause I’m feeling weird right now with a bunch of those.

I’m not going into SMEN storyline in the nearest future, other social actions are viable, I guess (to my knowledge).
But mostly I’d like some acquaintances to celebrate some events. Feel free to add.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lodinn