Actual Patchnotes

Do these exist anywhere? There was the update today (Exaltation added) and then, just now, I got another story update in game. I’d really love to know what’s being added/changed/removed/etc. I get that not everyone would like full patch notes, considering that it’d be inevitable that they’d contain at least some spoilers. On the other hand, there are people like me who are really interested in exactly what’s being added/removed/changed on my computer, as well as being interested in the specifics of the patch itself.

So yeah, any serious business patch notes to be found anywhere?

[quote=DragonDai]Do these exist anywhere? There was the update today (Exaltation added) and then, just now, I got another story update in game. I’d really love to know what’s being added/changed/removed/etc. I get that not everyone would like full patch notes, considering that it’d be inevitable that they’d contain at least some spoilers. On the other hand, there are people like me who are really interested in exactly what’s being added/removed/changed on my computer, as well as being interested in the specifics of the patch itself.

So yeah, any serious business patch notes to be found anywhere?[/quote]

There might be nothing new. I know they just fixed a broken quest step in the new ambition.

Actually, this has been bugging me for the last few updates.

When they introduced the new Aestival colony ambition, there WAS a link in the in-game UI to the &quotPatch Notes&quot for the update, with a &quotclick here for more info hyperlink&quot. Except if you clicked on it, the notes literally offered no new information. It was the EXACT same text.

It was like that for a few other updates too. Where they toss on something like &quotfixed a bunch of bugs&quot at the end, but there are no patch notes to know what bugs exactly were fixed. It makes it WAY tougher to verify if the fixes are working if we don’t know what the fixes are!

Then there’s even accessing the update page.

You better bookmark the page the game will link you to or memorize the url, because accessing the news updates from the FBG website seems impossible. Clicking on the &quotBlog&quot option takes you to a page that’s titled &quotNews&quot, except it doesn’t contain the most up to date news on many if not most of the content updates. The categories to the right for &quotSunless Sea&quot or even the most obvious, &quotPatch Notes&quot are WAY behind. The last entry in the &quotPatch Notes&quot category is from January, and there have been at least 4 different content updates with notes posted online (just not accessed from this path) since launch as far as I’m aware, if not more. This is of course, despite the fact that I’m pretty sure all of these news updates are at least labeled as being categorized as being under sunless sea.

It’s all quite frustrating if you’re trying to keep up to date and aware of the constant stream of content.

Yeah, I figured out what was included in tonight’s second patch thanks to another post here on the forums. And I don’t think there’s anything malicious or anything being downloaded by Sunless Sea onto my machine or anything like that. I just like know what’s going on. I am a big fan of info.

In the game, I don’t mind it being drip-fed and/or really vague. That’s part of the appeal of the game, it’s part of it’s charm. But when it comes to stuff related to the game but outside of the game, I would personally REALLY appreciate more info. And I don’t mind having to dig for it to keep those who don’t want the info from accidently spoiling something for themselves.

+1

I too would like more detailed patch notes.

It mostly bugs me when I’m busy, and can’t play the game, but I check briefly on the forum and there’s a thread on “The new update” and so I want to see what exactly was updated before I can get home and play the game, but then there’s vague information . . .

I am currently writing a script to diff the story files. Pretty hungover so its taking a while. But it’ll generate a list of events that change each time.

Update: Story File Updates - Official Sunless Sea Wiki

There’s also http://www.failbettergames.com/sunless-sea-content-updates/

Okay, today’s Blemmigan update was done really well. Pretty complete patch notes on Steam, better patch notes on site, basically everything I was asking for. So thanks, Failbetter :D. Keep up that quality of patch note and I’ll be a happy camper!

YAY!

Just want to add a cheer for much more complete patch notes!