Action cost zero after saving?

I’m doing some editing, and it seems that the action cost for branches is resetting itself to zero when I open the “See More Options” menu. I went through and changed them all to 1 and saved each, but the problem persists. Is this happening to anyone else? What am I doing wrong?

I think the action cost for Opportunity cards is automatically zero; is this happening with Opportunity or Pinned cards?

L&c,
F

They’re opportunity cards. Should they reset to zero after I’ve changed the cost, though?

I believe yes–from what I remember of discussions here, Opportunity cards are always zero-cost (except for the action to draw them).

L&c,
F

To confirm, Torrain is right. Opportunity cards are always zero-cost.

If you absolutely want an opportunity card to give you an action that costs more, have the opportunity card give the player a quality that unlocks a pinned card. You can then give the pinned card action a higher action cost if you like.

Ok, I see it now. This is the opposite of how it works in Fallen London, correct? Where you draw for free to but pay actions to use?

Yep. (Pinned cards still work the same way, but yes, the deck you draw random cards from is the opposite as you describe.)

L&c,
F

INNNNteresting! That definitely speeds up play if you’re using a lot of opportunity cards, which works pretty well with what I’m working on. Thanks for the help!