Absolute best Echo grinds?

Hello. I was just wondering what the absolute best echo grinds are right now. I was thinking of going for the Cider.

(Note: I don’t mean CONSTANT grinding for the cider. I’m not THAT crazy. XD just sort of passivly when i have nothing else to spend actions on. I’m sure I will et there sooner or later. BTW, if that one person who made the overgoat Farming Extension is there I’d LOVE a Cider version HINT HINT)

Number 1 best repeatable echo grind is almost certainly fate-lock Expeditions to the Gallery of Serpents.

There are a lot of other options: see here.
http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Money-Making

Uh. The Goat Farming Extension can also do just that, as far as I recall my experiences with it and the forum post itself. Have you got the extension installed? If you do, go to your Bazaar tab and click ‘update’ beneath your ‘Total Wealth’ and next to ‘To Target’. Unless you’ve got the very first version that was released I suppose.
edited by Cecil on 12/20/2015

Most of the time I’ve been grinding Echoes while educating Lyme in Mahogany Hall, and it paid the bills for all my high-tier equipment. However, recently I’ve changed my method: I played through Soul Trade, the Fate-locked story, and became a Spirifer. I’m grinding souls in Spite (“The prince of…” storylet) and I exchange them for thrice the value in Nevercold Brass. I must say, my purse is now fatter than it has ever been during my grinding time in Mahogany Hall.

Collections of Curiosity from Dramatic Tension (use Doing Business in Wilmot’s End, the Faithful Functionary option has a rare success that gives an additional reward) is the best “reliable” grind that doesn’t require fate.

Baseborn and Fowlingpiece heists are actually pretty reliable once you have a 4 or 5 card lodging, but it does tend to cut you off from the lucrative London opportunity cards (how much that hurts profitability is tough to quantify).

Really, though, if you have your sights on Cider in the long term, you’re going to be grinding for years, so the Fidgeting Writer is probably the best. It can be frustrating in the short term, but if you’re grinding that long, you’ll be doing it enough to balance out any variability.

Forgot to mention - Cave of the Nadir offers excellent EPA. Not sure that resetting irrigo with fate is worth it, but I’d suggest visiting the cave once per week anyway.

As a fellow Spirifer, I feel that I should indicate that you’re not quite right on that mark. Each soul is worth 2p each when selling at the bazaar. Which means that trading in 1000 Souls for 3000 Brass means you’re exchanging them for 1.5 of their value. Still plenty profitable, in my opinion, but not ‘thrice the value’. :3

I believe that the War of Assassins and Wilmot’s End carousels both give 1 CP DT per 11 actions. The Wilmot’s End carousels require one additional cycle to spend the DT for whichever reward, but since those aren’t as good monetarily it isn’t relevant. (Also the Nadir offers a rare success on Woods in Winter that gives the DT without a tattoo and having A Daughter in the Shadows from one ending choice of the relevant fate-locked story opens an option on Old Bones for DT.)

The same card also offers a guaranteed DT point gain (i.e. not a rare success) if you have &quotEntwined in the Intrigues of the Clathermont Family&quot level 30.

[quote=Optimatum]I believe that the War of Assassins and Wilmot’s End carousels both give 1 CP DT per 11 actions. The Wilmot’s End carousels require one additional cycle to spend the DT for whichever reward, but since those aren’t as good monetarily it isn’t relevant. (Also the Nadir offers a rare success on Woods in Winter that gives the DT without a tattoo and having A Daughter in the Shadows from one ending choice of the relevant fate-locked story opens an option on Old Bones for DT.)[/quote]Yes, if you’re turning in DT for one of the Wilmot’s End rewards it takes an extra cycle, but if you’re just going to switch to your lodgings and cash DT 2 in with your rival, then you don’t need that extra cycle and they are identical action investments.

The same card also offers a guaranteed DT point gain (i.e. not a rare success) if you have &quotEntwined in the Intrigues of the Clathermont Family&quot level 30.[/quote]
Exactly. The option unlocked with Entwined 30, aka having gotten a tattoo, was mentioned earlier as one source of DT so I felt it important to clarify the card is still usable for players who weren’t around for the Feast.