About "liking" an unopened world.

I get likes on my world daily. Only the introduction is currently open to the general public.

Anyone else have similiar behavior happening? Are readers really liking my intro, or is it likely they are stumbling around clicking anything they can because the branch is locked?

Perhaps they simply like you?

Not quite the same situation, but my “Preface” card is the one that’s picked up most “Likes” from the whole world. I’d wondered the same thing and actually asked a couple of people who I knew personally (I recognised them from their user names). And, yes, they really did like it.

That’s flattering, but probably also to be taken with a pinch of salt. When everything’s new and exciting to explore, you’re much more likely to bother with the “Like” button. But still - I think you can justifiably take it as an encouraging sign.

Cheers
Richard

Well, given my own experience with the Like button, I know when I first started playing Silver Tree I had assumed it would be like the journal: I click it, and can look back on that text later.

I would assume that people who click the like button early on and then kinda stop doing it may, in some part, be people new to StoryNexus who assume it’s like the journal from Fallen London? Just a thought.

Actually, looking at it again, it’s also in a position which looks very much like a “next” (or as we know it, “onwards”) button. When you’re new, it would be easy to make a mistake.

Shrug. If nothing else, everyone who clicked it was definitely on that page, so it shows people are finding their way to your world :-)

Cheers
Richard

Edited to add PS. Urthdigger: but wanting to add it to your journal to look back on later implies “Like”, surely? For a suitably generalised definition of “Like”?
edited by Morton on 1/15/2013

[quote=Richard ]Actually, looking at it again, it’s also in a position which looks very much like a “next” (or as we know it, “onwards”) button. When you’re new, it would be easy to make a mistake.

Shrug. If nothing else, everyone who clicked it was definitely on that page, so it shows people are finding their way to your world :-)

Cheers
Richard

Edited to add PS. Urthdigger: but wanting to add it to your journal to look back on later implies “Like”, surely? For a suitably generalised definition of “Like”?
edited by Morton on 1/15/2013[/quote]

More like it’s a feature that I was used to having from Fallen London, and it looking for a button that’d work. One was obviously the button to go onwards, and I always add text I like to my journal!