A Weighty Decision

I recently completed my fourth great artistic work for the Empress’ pleasure - an epic poem of tragic love as it happens - and a certain request has been made of me by a particular gentlemen of the court.

I am leaning towards complying with that request, as it sounds rather entertaining, but the reception may not be entirely positive. So I ask you, my friends and neighbours; should I? How much might I regret it?

You’ll end up losing access to the Empress’ Court, and gain access to a different area within Wilmot’s End. If you’re not quite done there I would recommend refusing the offer for now and waiting until you’re ready.

Hmm. Well, I don’t think I have much left to do there so I’ll wrap up my business and set to work.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Make sure you have a copy of every novel and every poem before you leave.
I made the mistake of thinking I had to accept the offer when it first appeared and am left without a Tragedy of Romance for the rest of my days. Such a great regret.

Ah, now I’m afraid I might need everything. Checks completed artistic works in inventory Oh, dear… this is going to take a while.

You won’t, so far as I’m aware, -need- everything. If you’re a completionist, you might very much want to get everything - personally, I settled for getting everything that’s the sort of thing my character would write! (From memory, the only uses of the poems and novels you can create are… a Christmas option to trade away your Patriotic Adventure, an option to use your Tale of the Future to help build a Zub, and an option to befriend God’s Editors by showing them one of your works, which counts basically everything -except- the Tale of the Future.)

I suggest you raise your Scholar of the Correspondence quality to 10 before leaving the court.

If you plan on getting the extended labyrinth of tigers storyline I wouldn’t bother, though. And it’s really grindy to do that from court or using the other not-fate-locked route.
edited by WormApotheote on 3/1/2015

Do it! Do it! Definitely do it!

[quote=WormApotheote]
If you plan on getting the extended labyrinth of tigers storyline I wouldn’t bother, though. And it’s really grindy to do that from court or using the other not-fate-locked route.
edited by WormApotheote on 3/1/2015[/quote]

It is grindy, but we don’t have many choices.

[quote=Lomias]
It is grindy, but we don’t have many choices.[/quote]

Not bother, since it’s really only necessary for becoming a correspondant? :P

[quote=WormApotheote]
Not bother, since it’s really only necessary for becoming a correspondant? :P[/quote]
It comes in handy lots of other places, too. Such as the Nemesis Ambition.
You’re going to want a high Scholar of the Correspondence sooner or later and it’s best to get it to ten using the Palace than the much more expensive options later in the game.
edited by Nigel Overstreet on 3/2/2015