A War in Spite!

So… what did the Crosses-supporting folks get?

I got 8 Aeolian Screams and 1 Urchin Favour for supporting the Noughts. You needed at least level 8 support to claim the reward.

The portrait for the related card is quite something!

Well, that seems like it was just a big resource sink. Is FBG convinced there are too many goods circulating, and that they need to act now to stave off inflation?

(And I’ve seen nothing at all for supporting the Crosses. No card, no message, no nothing. Seriously, nothing. Not a peep. No even a &quotyou lost, sucker&quot to me or my alts. This is not habit-forming.)
edited by Snort on 1/27/2022
edited by Snort on 1/27/2022

I HAD an hunch I shouldn’t have messed with the bloody brats, unluckily I didn’t listened to myself: the rascal almost ripped me off. From now on, I’ll side with the docks and devils in all the conflict cards and I’ll never lend my kitty to them again!
edited by Frenzgyn on 1/27/2022

Same here. Level 10 Crosses. Got N O T H I N G. Base grind was 2.4 EpA if my memory serves. Which is beyond pitiful by my standards, even riding railroad back and forth is better.

I was Level 17 Noughts, YES 17… I got one urchin favor and 8 Aeolian Screams. Wow, wow, wow.

Still haven’t seen the card…

I’m glad I only dipped my toe in, I had a hunch it might go something like this.

2.4 EPA is amazingly high for players at the level this was aimed at, though.

[quote=Snort]Well, that seems like it was just a big resource sink. Is FBG convinced there are too many goods circulating, and that they need to act now to stave off inflation?

(And I’ve seen nothing at all for supporting the Crosses. No card, no message, no nothing. Seriously, nothing. Not a peep. No even a &quotyou lost, sucker&quot to me or my alts. This is not habit-forming.)
[/quote]

I would say it’s more of an action sink than a resource sink. For example, supporting the Noughts. 250 wax lumps for an Aeolian Scream and about 80 Shrieks. There’s a marginal profit made. Also quite handy if you needed a lot of Aeolian Screams.

2.4 EPA is amazingly high for players at the level this was aimed at, though.[/quote] No, it’s not. Because it’s for 203-230 base Persuasive range.
edited by Waterpls on 1/28/2022

Fair enough. Well, I determined in less than 10 actions that this event was boring as all heck, so I won’t act surprised that it was underwhelming in other ways, too.

If the “reward” card was just a card that was unlocked and in my deck now, I would be super annoyed by it.

Well, I don’t complain, as I converted the Screams into Threnodies and sold at the Rat-Market. But, yes, a somewhat more interesting reward would be appreciated. At least an accomplishment.

Well, I don’t complain, as I converted the Screams into Threnodies and sold at the Rat-Market. But, yes, a somewhat more interesting reward would be appreciated. At least an accomplishment.

I wish there were a loser storylet for some sort of closure, even if there were no reward. It’s weird that the event showed up, disappeared, and I only know we lost because other players are telling me so (intuitively I can surmise that we didn’t have an 11th hour come-back, but right now I’d never know if I didn’t check external sites).

I still haven’t gotten the reward card. I think I was on the winning side? I guess I’m not totally sure anymore

If you have “Supporting the Noughts,” it’ll show up eventually. You can only draw it once, and nothing comes after it, so it doesn’t really matter how long it takes

[quote=PJ] You can only draw it once, and nothing comes after it, so it doesn’t really matter how long it takes[/quote] Well, once per Urchin War, presumably, so it might need to be drawn before the next one rolls around. But one also presumes there won’t be another Urchin War for a few weeks (months?), at least.

You may have been on the losing side. I was, and no card. Kind of a disappointing way to end the exercise.
edited by Snort on 1/31/2022

I got it eventually! I got 8 aeolian screams I only had I think 5 levels of support.

Is there going to be a fix for this? Supporting the losing side was supposed to be the more rewarding!