A Voyage of Scientific Discovery

Greetings!

I just reached the first island in my Voyage of Scientific Discovery. I plan on visiting all of them until I’ll have reached at least 500 Notes in any discipline - plus maybe 150 more to gain some Collated Research afterwards. If there is anybody interested in some bat-sent notes who has some bats himself to spare for the answer, I’ll be happy to oblige when the “Share your research with a fellow scholar” Opportunity card will pop up. Precedence in queue to members of my clique, just because ^^

I’d love to if I wasn’t on a boat already. And by boat, I mean a slow boat on a dark river

Well, let me know if you free yourself in time. Currently I just left for the third island I’m visiting (Grunting Fen), so I still have to make two trips in the Broad Unterzee and two in the Sea of Voices (hey, wouldn’t it be the “Zee” of Voices?), plus the research on Grunting Fen… It will take some time ^^

Yeah. By the way, I’m not sure if using research notes for collated research is the most efficient way to go about it… but I have to say, it is my favorite way themewise :D

Edit: I’m free! Also, that was my 7th scar, and since I take such good care of my menaces, I likely won’t be back there for a long long time. Though, I’m not sure when I’ll go to zee next, so it may be a little while for me to return the favor (Currently spading connection info for a variety of things.
edited by Urthdigger on 6/8/2012

[quote=Urthdigger]Yeah. By the way, I’m not sure if using research notes for collated research is the most efficient way to go about it… but I have to say, it is my favorite way themewise :D

Edit: I’m free! Also, that was my 7th scar, and since I take such good care of my menaces, I likely won’t be back there for a long long time. Though, I’m not sure when I’ll go to zee next, so it may be a little while for me to return the favor (Currently spading connection info for a variety of things.
edited by Urthdigger on 6/8/2012[/quote]

No problem, gonna send the bats as soon as the card pops out ^^

Uhm… Got my card and tried the action, but you don’t appear in the top/down list of available contacts O_o Maybe only contacts already having 50+ Notes for each type plus 10 Sulky Bats appear?

Try logging out, then logging back in. That usually does the trick.

…That’s the first thing I tried T.T

The top-down list only displays a small fraction of my contacts, that’s why I thought there could be some kind of prerequisite. Specifically, while seeing all of my contacts as usual on the “My friends” tab, the card only allows me these options:

Damian Sharp
David Wilhelm
echo_theodor
elvortel
Eris Fnord
FletchrHonorama
Gaël Bl
littlethe
Luca Maltagliati
Maddyanne1
narcissus_echo
Natalie Kozak
Oliver Robertson
OScarletO
rdxcvbji
travellersside
Wieland Burandt

I’m puzzled :s

Hmm. I noticed the shortened list when I sent some bats winging off on my last voyage and wondered if the other person had to be at zee too. However, I’m back home in Spite and you can see me, so that does not seem to be a requirement.

He may be right about it being due to a lack of research: I only have 15 pages of cryptopaleontology research on me at the moment.

I’ll finish up my current bit of research, then head out to zee to get some more research then.
edited by Urthdigger on 6/8/2012

No sweat, considering that I’m planning to hoard some extra notes to convert into Collated Research for my Membership of God’s Editors, I will probably stay at zee for a while. In any case I’m keeping the card in my hand until the moment comes ^^

Ok, I went to Bullbone Island, got my research… and it’s saying it can’t retrieve my friends from twitter! Most troublesome, I would have assumed it would be capable of reaching you. Maybe there’s more qualifications I don’t know of?

I think there might be a slight bug working on: I can’t retrieve my contact list from the “My Friends” tab either. Hopefully it is just a temporary inconvenience, as just yesterday the list displayed just fine. Anyway if the problem persists I’ll send a bug report.

EDIT: Bug report sent and everything - and alas, the problem lasted more than my zee trip T.T I just came back to London, maybe next time?
edited by streetfelineblue on 6/11/2012

I do look forward to conducting research with you sometime. From my research in another thread, both partners sharing research results in a 2.5 echo net profit per action. Very efficient!

OK, I’ll keep you in mind next time I go to zee - I’ve already got my Iron Republic safe passage, and I’ll probably do some cycles on Corpsecage on the way through, but first I’m getting me the Basalt Gymnasium and the Consonant Violin, and I wanted to investigate Jack’s case too ^^

Update: I’m off to zee again (in pursuit of Jack), so I’ll take any chance to share research, starting with people who shared theirs with me in the first place. Urthdigger, rdxcvbji and Wieland Burandt are on my list already, if there’s anyone else I forgot or just somebody who’s interested in some Research Notes please let me know here ^^

Godspeed!

So, just an FYI, you need to have 10+ bats, and 50+ of each research to RECEIVE research too. I believe this may be why I can’t send any back to the folks who were kind enough to send me some, remember to restock your bats! (thankfully it doesn’t cost bats when you accept… otherwise it’d be very much not worth it)

I can’t stop pulling this card & there’s only one person I can actually send research to so I’d be glad to have someone else to share research with

You can send research to me–If you follow me, I’ll follow you! I’m @cathyr19355 on Twitter. That goes for you too, streetfelineblue!
edited by cathyr19355 on 6/21/2012

I’m always in! You can find my Twitter link in my signature ^^ (I’m currently back to London hunting Jack-of-Smiles, but I’m planning a new trip to Hunter’s Keep shortly after my work is done).