A stained soul, and a possibility in Flint. (SMEN)

A while back, for daft reasons I did very questionable things to my soul. I’ve heard that there is a place in Flint that can cleanse my soul, if so, where would I find it?

At the veeeeeery end of the story. You won’t be able to miss it :)

thanks a bunch!

Besides quitting SMEN in the Hall of Mirrors, is this the only way to get rid of Stains once you have them?

Yep! No one said recovering from SMEN was easy, y’know.
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 8/28/2018

Sorry to derail but is there a way to get rid of Memories of Chains too? I know the way to get rid of scars but wondering it full purification is possible.

Only if you quit via the House of Mirrors. While you could quit and restart if you’ve progressed past that point, The Seeking Road locks forever once you go NORTH, so getting the Knock means you’ll always have the Memories.

Thematic and probably deserved if one were to go down that path. :) Thanks for the answers.

And while we’re at it, what’s the method for removing Scars?

At the very end of Flint, the Bishop of St Fiacre’s will offer you &quotabsolution&quot. IIRC there are three options: either remove all your menaces (including Soul-Stains) or set Hedonist to 14 and Austere to 0, or vice versa. You can forego the whole thing though. Since that’s what I did, I’d be interested to learn whether absolution really removes absolutely all menaces: What about Irrigo, Plagued by a Popular Song and A Turncoat?

edited by phryne on 8/29/2018

At the very end of Flint, the Bishop of St Fiacre’s will offer you &quotabsolution&quot. IIRC there are three options: either remove all your menaces (including Soul-Stains) or set Hedonist to 14 and Austere to 0, or vice versa. You can forego the whole thing though. Since that’s what I did, I’d be interested to learn whether absolution really removes absolutely all menaces: What about Irrigo, Plagued by a Popular Song and A Turncoat?

[/quote]
Thanks, but does that include Scars or did one of us misread the other’s post?

Scars can be removed in Flute street for fate.

There’s an option in Flute Street to have your Scars removed for 10 Fate (though getting to Flute Street is 25 Fate in and of itself).

Oh yeah! That’s the one, thanks.

[quote=Dudebro Pyro]Thanks, but does that include Scars or did one of us misread the other’s post?[/quote]I’ve misread yours indeed, sorry!

I’ll probably start this story in the next 2 weeks so I will try and remember this questions and finish Flint with these menaces.
Regarding this ES, can anyone PM/spoiler tag here with:

1. requirements (items, qualities, ES tie-ins)
  2. permanent (bad?) decisions that one can take during it? I remember reading something about the Regretful Soldier, but also that you can get him back
  3. average number of AP; I usually play ES during the weekend or I know I’ll be able to enjoy them.

Cheers!

Not sure about the rare menaces, but the rest is definitely incorrect.

[spoiler]The absolutions are: wipe all menaces, remove Stains, and set a quirk of choice (if you have sufficient level) to 0 while setting its opposite to 14.

There might also be an option to refuse everything, I forget.[/spoiler]
edited by Optimatum on 9/1/2018

I dream of one day being able to use two spoiler tags in one post.

[quote=Skinnyman]
I’ll probably start this story in the next 2 weeks so I will try and remember this questions and finish Flint with these menaces.
Regarding this ES, can anyone PM/spoiler tag here with:

1. requirements (items, qualities, ES tie-ins)
  2. permanent (bad?) decisions that one can take during it? I remember reading something about the Regretful Soldier, but also that you can get him back
  3. average number of AP; I usually play ES during the weekend or I know I’ll be able to enjoy them.

Cheers![/quote]

[spoiler]

1. Flint has no outside requirements. You can bring one of your acquaintances along, but there’s a neutral option in case you have none. Certain items make things easier at some points, but you can also grind those items at that points.
  2. Partway through, the story will ask whether you want to have greater risk. If you say yes, and if you choose certain options afterwards, you will lose your acquaintance. You can always reacquire that acquaintance later, but narratively speaking, your original friend is gone. (This obviously doesn’t apply if you choose the default no-acquaintance option.) Choosing to play with risk also makes an optional choice much more painful, but it gives greater reward in return.
  3. Flint is very long for an ES, especially if you want to play every option and see every card. It’s definitely not grindy though. If you play a lot you could definitely do it in a weekend.[/spoiler]

[quote=Optimatum]

• spoiler snip - [/quote]
    Wait, does that mean I can get rid of the Sadronic Singer’s cards?

[quote=Dudebro Pyro]Wait, does that mean I can get rid of the Sadronic Singer’s cards?[/quote]From my understanding, only temporarily; you’ll see the 0 level cards afterwards.